Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Gameex evolution

gazsnk

What you people think, looks quite good obviously copying ideas from maximus And hyperspin but looks promising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Copying ideas"? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Don't mistake versatility for copying... Just because it supports artwork from other FEs doesn't make it a clone. ;-)

• Like 1

looks smart and fresh I personally love hyperspin but seems like it will never get an update, my first front end was gameex so this new version of might just tempt me back if it is as good as it looks in video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Copying" is kind of a bad choice of words IMO. Evolution looks amazing and just from the video and what has been shared thus far, it's absolutely going to be worth the wait. I'm totally digging the fact that Evolution will support artwork from the other two FE's. It's a great way to bring the emulation/retro gaming community together as a whole and will also help generate more artists to create great themes and such that can be used with a FE of their choice. Really pumped up for EVO!!

Dislike. The reason why I chose GameEx over Hyperspin and others was because its interface is bare and essentials, without all the gorgeous presentations. They are in fact gorgeous, but once I've gone "wow" once or twice, they become redundant and annoying to me. I am interested in playing the games, not in watching their presentations.

Dislike. The reason why I chose GameEx over Hyperspin and others was because its interface is bare and essentials, without all the gorgeous presentations. They are in fact gorgeous, but once I've gone "wow" once or twice, they become redundant and annoying to me. I am interested in playing the games, not in watching their presentations.

While GameEx Evolution will bring a lot of the "Wow Factor" that many seem to crave, it will still be the GameEx you like at its core and you will be able to design your themes and select your features to be as basic or as over the top as you like.

• Like 2

While GameEx Evolution will bring a lot of the "Wow Factor" that many seem to crave, it will still be the GameEx you like at its core and you will be able to design your themes and select your features to be as basic or as over the top as you like.

Yes I guess, I just won't use the wow features. I may actually not upgrade at all, and keep using the old GameEx, if the new one requires too much PC resources for features I don't want/use.

• 2 weeks later...

The teaser has a lot of wow factor to it to me, but after watching it many times I can't help but get the feeling that it is only a small peak of what's to come.

When I first tried GameEx it really didn't do anything for me, from a "wow this is really cool" aspect, and so I went onto try other frontends.  When I came back to GameEx early this year, it was like an entriely differnt place.  From what I can tell several key community members, Draco for instance, just took it and ran, and in the process inspired others to do the same.  This seemingly generated a flow of creativity that hasn't stopped.  In what little time I've been active there I find community involvement with the frontend as well as the supporting elements to be quite healthy and vibrant.  I suspect this extends well into the development team as well, and I can't wait to see what's in store for us from them, as well as those creative members once they get their hands on it.

• Like 1

Man, I've been using and enjoying GameEX for what seems like 5 years.

I can't wait to give Evolution a run when it's available and will buy it Day 1 it's available.

If beta testers are needed please contact me! :D