Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

What has happened to HyperSpin

epicrean

I have noticed a lot of HS mods giving sarcastic answers and being rude to members.  Yesterday I saw a post from a newbie stating how the site was difficult to navigate and that there was little help other than the forums, he went on to suggest a updated user guide vice the one that was created in 2009 and possible a user editable Wiki.   All his Ideas were shot down by mods but cheered by normal users.  Feeling frustrated I felt the need to post...  Only to have my account suspended.   I am so blown away by HS...  

Dear epicrean,

You have received a warning at HyperSpin HyperBoard.

Reason:
-------
Drama Starter

You have received one infraction for starting drama. You are demoted to a normal user for 10 days. Next offense will be a longer sentence.
-------

Original Post:
http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=244426

I have to say it's sad how much people here fight change, and don't want to help! The original OP is 100% right and none of the senior members show any interest in taking on the advice... Reasons like change is coming only compounds the issue and frustrates people, we don't want to hear about future change, we want solutions. I mean if we go of the sites past, change is far off, some of us have been waiting for HS 3.0 for 4 years... GULP!!!!!!!!

A wiki would be perfect and be of no real burden - shot down
A updated Guide, another easy solution - shot down

This is why I say HS is dead... The senior people no longer want to help the newer people, in turn people are getting frustrated. I still stand by my theory that pretty soon we will open the site and be greeted by the dreaded "It's been fun, but it's over" text.

Back up your stuff now before the site goes black

EPiC

{C}Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
HyperSpin HyperBoard

Honestly, you asked for that kind of response. And you offended pretty much everyone, not just mods.

That whole post was pretty off base IMHO

If the posts are setup as an offer such as "I'd like to offer to setup and run a community wiki" then the poster would be welcomed with open arms. The suggestions although considerably good are a lot of work for people who are already doing a lot of work and doing that work as more of a hobby. I got a lot of praise but also warned that my offer of help with a DB would be awesome but a huge ever growing amount of work that would never end. I was thankful for their feedback.

I agree with Circo and Brolly here though.

• Like 1

Saying things like "Back up your stuff now before the site goes black" was a bit out of line IMO. HyperSpin and it's community are very active, and help was always a click away whenever I needed it. Although there may be some things "out of date" here and there on the site, there are always folks willing to help... so I'm not sure what merit you get in saying people "don't want to help!"

One of the main reasons I made the jump to HS from Maximus Arcade, was because of the support, and not just from the developers/mods, but also from the community as a whole. At the time I started getting into building my arcade cab, Maximus Arcade had locked it's forums, and the site sat quiet and untouched for quite sometime... this was very frustraighting for a "newbie" like myself trying to get MA setup. So coming over to HyperSpin, and having a strong community of people willing to help me get things up and running was really appreciated. 

Epicrean: please stop creating more drama. This post is unnecessary and unconstructive.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using Tapatalk HD

On second thought, maybe a mod should consider closing this thread. This this thread is going to end up just like the other ones.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...

Really? You guys think that? Wow you must live under a rock. I'm currently beta testing HyperSync 3.5 as a start plus when I get free time ill be updating HyperLaunch which is in the final stages of update and HyperSpin itself is still getting updates at 1.3 stage but they are working on a big new version they are calling version 2.0 so I really don't know how you can say that stuff? Up to you but pretty obvious you are not looking in the right places.

• 3 years later...
  • 6 years later...
On 6/1/2013 at 8:32 PM, epicrean said:

I have noticed a lot of HS mods giving sarcastic answers and being rude to members.  Yesterday I saw a post from a newbie stating how the site was difficult to navigate and that there was little help other than the forums, he went on to suggest a updated user guide vice the one that was created in 2009 and possible a user editable Wiki.   All his Ideas were shot down by mods but cheered by normal users.  Feeling frustrated I felt the need to post...  Only to have my account suspended.   I am so blown away by HS...  

Dear epicrean,

You have received a warning at HyperSpin HyperBoard.

Reason:
-------
Drama Starter

You have received one infraction for starting drama. You are demoted to a normal user for 10 days. Next offense will be a longer sentence.
-------

Original Post:
http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=244426

I have to say it's sad how much people here fight change, and don't want to help! The original OP is 100% right and none of the senior members show any interest in taking on the advice... Reasons like change is coming only compounds the issue and frustrates people, we don't want to hear about future change, we want solutions. I mean if we go of the sites past, change is far off, some of us have been waiting for HS 3.0 for 4 years... GULP!!!!!!!!

A wiki would be perfect and be of no real burden - shot down
A updated Guide, another easy solution - shot down

This is why I say HS is dead... The senior people no longer want to help the newer people, in turn people are getting frustrated Arcade Hyperspin. I still stand by my theory that pretty soon we will open the site and be greeted by the dreaded "It's been fun, but it's over" text.

Back up your stuff now before the site goes black

EPiC

{C}Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
HyperSpin HyperBoard

Hello. I finally dumped Hyperspin. It’s crazy to me but after 5-6 years and a forced pc reformat... I said screw it. I purchased the life license for LaunchBox/Big Box and I couldn’t be happier. I was going to have to reinstall all software for Hyperspin from scratch (Config and media were still good) and throw more duct tape and gum at it to keep it running on windows 10. So I gave LaunchBox a chance and I am blown away. I probably would have finished my cabinet by now if these tools were integrated and easily accessible as they are with LaunchBox. I’ll miss some parts of Hyperspin... come to think of it I think it’s just nostalgia.

• Like 1