Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Maximus Arcade is Back!?

deadpool

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you can see, we've been working hard on a relaunch of the Maximus Arcade site. We have some great news planned in the not-to-distant future, so be sure to check back and stay in touch.

The good news is that you can expect licenses for Maximus Arcade to be generated and sent out within 24 hours and all existing Maximus Arcade license holders are going to be elgible for a free update to the next update of Maximus Arcade.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

As you can see, we've been working hard on a relaunch of the Maximus Arcade site. We have some great news planned in the not-to-distant future, so be sure to check back and stay in touch. The good news is that you can expect licenses for Maximus Arcade to be generated and sent out within 24 hours and all existing Maximus Arcade license holders are going to be elgible for a free update to the next update of Maximus Arcade. Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

This is great news! I think I read on another forum that the new Maximus Arcade will arrive late August/early September? Purely speculation I'm sure, but really looking forward to see what changes are implemented in the new build. Adding .mp4 support alone would be a huge step in the right direction. Overall, I liked Maximus just the way it was, minus a few bugs here and there.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice anyone know if there keeping the same prices?

Based on my sources, prices are staying the same as what is being advertised on the official MA site.

For all of you Maximus users out there with FTP access, I've uploaded the "HyperSpace HD" theme to the FTP, as people seem to be having trouble obtaining the theme from the original creator. I've even read that some folks have paid the asking price of $5 and still did not recieve the download link??

However, I have modified the theme a bit to support Nintendo DS, Wii, and Super Famicom for those of you who want to keep your Japanese SFC ROMs seperate from the USA set. I've also modified several other layouts as well for other consoles. In short, it's basically a whole new theme and can be found in my folder on the FTP. Be sure to take a look at the theme description in Maximus when setting it up to see what systems have been replaced with the ones mentioned above. Also, delete your marquee fields to use this theme. Enjoy!

I'm currently busy working on a Custom theme for my Cab build.
I must say the Theme Editor is pretty awesome and easy to use.
Just struggling with the actual concept and design. My designing skills are a bit rusty haha.
I'll try and cover all the resolutions. It might take some time.
As soon as I finish my Theme I'll share it.

I'm currently busy working on a Custom theme for my Cab build.

I must say the Theme Editor is pretty awesome and easy to use.

Just struggling with the actual concept and design. My designing skills are a bit rusty haha.

I'll try and cover all the resolutions. It might take some time.

As soon as I finish my Theme I'll share it.

I'm pretty good with Photoshop. If I can help in any way, let me know. Do you plan on covering all platforms with your theme, or just the ones your currently using in your own setup? Post here and let us know when you complete it and I'll be sure to check it out!

Based on my sources, prices are staying the same as what is being advertised on the official MA site.

For all of you Maximus users out there with FTP access, I've uploaded the "HyperSpace HD" theme to the FTP, as people seem to be having trouble obtaining the theme from the original creator. I've even read that some folks have paid the asking price of $5 and still did not recieve the download link??

However, I have modified the theme a bit to support Nintendo DS, Wii, and Super Famicom for those of you who want to keep your Japanese SFC ROMs seperate from the USA set. I've also modified several other layouts as well for other consoles. In short, it's basically a whole new theme and can be found in my folder on the FTP. Be sure to take a look at the theme description in Maximus when setting it up to see what systems have been replaced with the ones mentioned above. Also, delete your marquee fields to use this theme. Enjoy!

Would it be possible for you to post this in the regular downloads section (themes & skins) for those of us that do not have FTP access (otherwise we are still kind of paying for it ;)).

* Oh and my X-Arcade Dual exits everything just fine with a single button press (I use the right side 'pinball' button since I don't play pinball games on my 16:10 screen'd cab.

Thank You!

Jason

Would it be possible for you to post this in the regular downloads section (themes & skins) for those of us that do not have FTP access (otherwise we are still kind of paying for it ;)).

You might want to ask Circo about that, as it's really his call to make, not mine. It's fine with me if it's made available to everyone! :thumbsup:

You might want to ask Circo about that, as it's really his call to make, not mine. It's fine with me if it's made available to everyone! :thumbsup:

Well then hopefully he'll see this and do the right thing. :thanks:

Jason

Hi all, fisrt of all sorry for my bad english itsn't my native language. I'm spanish.

For all people who want MP4 support, Maximus arcade already support it.

Just a little trick: rename all mp4 files to avi.   :thumbsup:

Use a batch renaming script and rename extension of files in seconds.

Renaming scripts in attached files. Just place in your flv's folder and double click on it.

If you want to convert your FLV files to MP4:

Container: MP4

Video codec: H264

Audio codec: LC-AAC OR HE-AAC (I recommend HE-AAC)

IMPORTANT: If audio codec is HE-AAC V2  the result is that in maximus arcade will have no sound.

When finished rename all files to .avi

I have my videos working with this trick.

I hope this will useful for you guys.

Regards.

RENAMING AVI-MP4 scripts.rar

Hi all, fisrt of all sorry for my bad english itsn't my native language. I'm spanish.

For all people who want MP4 support, Maximus arcade already support it.

Just a little trick: rename all mp4 files to avi.   :thumbsup:

Use a batch renaming script and rename extension of files in seconds.

Renaming scripts in attached files. Just place in your flv's folder and double click on it.

If you want to convert your FLV files to MP4:

Container: MP4

Video codec: H264

Audio codec: LC-AAC OR HE-AAC (I recommend HE-AAC)

IMPORTANT: If audio codec is HE-AAC V2  the result is that in maximus arcade will have no sound.

When finished rename all files to .avi

I have my videos working with this trick.

I hope this will useful for you guys.

Regards.

I haven't confirmed this to actually work, but it would be a nice way for Maximus users to save some HDD space by using smaller .mp4 files since "officially" MA does not support .mp4 natively. Anyone else tried this? I'm too lazy to rename my vids since they are linked into more than one FE. :D

It's working for me in MA 2.10

What version of MA do you have?

Ok so I went ahead and renamed a few .mp4 vids to AVI. No luck here either. I'm running MA 2.10 as well. Could it be possible that in order for this trick to work a certain codec has to be installed? What specific codec do you have?

klite codec pack 

I have try in other computer and still working great.

I have compressed some mame flv videos to MP4 320x240 Video:h264 200 kbps audio: AAC-HE 32 kbps, renamed it to avi & still working.

EDIT: Are you sure you are renaming extension of the file and not the name?

This may help you:

http://askabouttech.com/how-to-show-file-extension-in-windows-7/

Regards.

I am also running MA 2.10 and renaming the extension does not work, I have the Combined Community Codec (CCC) pack installed.

However MA does play about 99% of the .FLV's that I have in my Hyperspin set.

The other oddity here is that no matter which Intro video I attempt none of them will play. :unknown:

* Oh and I have some other strange things going on... If I change my theme background.png and nothing else MA gets messed up here and there (even if I simply edit the background that is already in place, like changing the color).

Jason

I am also running MA 2.10 and renaming the extension does not work, I have the Combined Community Codec (CCC) pack installed.

However MA does play about 99% of the .FLV's that I have in my Hyperspin set.

The other oddity here is that no matter which Intro video I attempt none of them will play. :unknown:

* Oh and I have some other strange things going on... If I change my theme background.png and nothing else MA gets messed up here and there (even if I simply edit the background that is already in place, like changing the color).

Jason

I'm at a loss on the "video trick", as I too am using the KLite Codec pack and have also tried SHARK codecs. It simply does not work for me. I'm sure .mp4 support will be added with the next update for Maximus.

* What theme are you trying to edit? Also could you be more specific to the results your getting when you say "MA gets messed up"? The HyperSpace theme is really heavily modified to the point that it doesn't follow basic MA theme structure...

I was simply trying to change my background.png on Maximus Sunrise and nothing else was touched, even made sure the image was exactly the same resolution (I went as far as only changing the actual original background to a solid color and saving it but the same issues happen).

What happens is that certain images no longer show in front of the new background and instead say NO IMAGE AVAILABLE, the PS2 image does not show, the Batch image does not show. The other thing that happens is some of the snaps & videos stop working and I get an error pop-up.

This makes no sense but then I have discovered several bugs in MA that will hopefully be fixed soon, none of them are enough to keep me from using MA (Hyperspin is too busy and too much of a pain in the arse IMHO). :huh:

Jason

I was simply trying to change my background.png on Maximus Sunrise and nothing else was touched, even made sure the image was exactly the same resolution (I went as far as only changing the actual original background to a solid color and saving it but the same issues happen).

What happens is that certain images no longer show in front of the new background and instead say NO IMAGE AVAILABLE, the PS2 image does not show, the Batch image does not show. The other thing that happens is some of the snaps & videos stop working and I get an error pop-up.

This makes no sense but then I have discovered several bugs in MA that will hopefully be fixed soon, none of them are enough to keep me from using MA (Hyperspin is too busy and too much of a pain in the arse IMHO). :huh:

Jason

It's got to be something within the theme editor. I'm not sure what to tell you other than start over with a fresh copy of that theme and try making your edits again. I just changed a background image in the "Maximus Sunrise" theme with no issues. Have you tried contacting anyone over at the MA site for support? Are you sure your background image is indeed being sent to the back so that your other windows display properly as not to overlap? (Game List, screen for snaps, etc)

Yes, Hyperspin is a bit of a pain to get up and running, I haven't messed with it in a long while but I hear it's a bit easier to get it setup now. My primary FE is GameEX. It's cake to setup, supports tons of digital media (Music, Movies, eBooks, etc) and can look just as good as Hyperspin IMO. Granted I only use it for gaming so my setup is fairly simplistic, but it's a truly great FE and HIGHLY customizable. In short if your looking for the simplicity of Maximus Arcade in terms of setup, but want more features like offered with Hyperspin, then GameEX is the way to go. Can't say enough good things about it.  

It's very strange renaming mp4 to avi its working great for me and i tested in 3 computers yet without problems.

Here you have a sample of one of my files in the attached files if you want to try it.

The file is mp4 renamed to avi.

video: h264 100kbps.

audio: aac-he 25kbps.

It's not a joke, I swear it's working.

I have tested in windows 7 64bits and windows xp yesterday.

1942.avi

• 2 weeks later...

Archived