Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Maximus Arcade is Back!?

deadpool

It seems the much loved and ghostly Maximus arcade is making a comeback. From what I gather the frontend is now owned or partnered with xgaming. The site has been refreshed and  has seen one new forum post indicating how purchased licenses will be honored going forward. It's unclear if nameseer still involved and when we will see new versions of the application. 

http://www.xgaming.com/

http://maximusarcade.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2547

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great news!! ...and the funny thing is... I just knew this was going to happen when I made the jump to Game Ex and Hyperspin. I held out as long as I could. MP4 support would be a much welcomed edition to this FE. Can't wait to see what updates are made going forward.

I hope it is coming back soon, maximus to me is like owning your first car, you never forget it and have special attachment to it, maximus arcade was the reason i got into arcade front ends and emulation in the first place, liked it most for its simplicity.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

1st thing they need to do is fix the forums and add plugins for forum apps like tapa talk. Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

According to keilmilllerjr on the the arcade controls forum, "I emailed mameseer Sunday because I couldn't register on their forum and google description is of images products. Shortly later I get a reply saying that he iced te registration on the forums, and he is working on releasing a new forum as fixing the google issue as we speak.

I haven't had any issues/bugs with setting up and running maximus arcade on widows 8 yet. He will likely see a purchase from me soon."

I recently "installed" Maximus Arcade on two machines. One running Win 7 and the other Win XP.

Initially it was hard getting everything to work, but as soon as I figured out the basics it's actually quite easy.

I haven't come across anything that needs fixing on it yet, or that needs information that isn't already on the forums.

I'm interested in what they'll be doing to improve the system, because I haven't been able to find any shortcomings aside from the lack of .mp4 video compatibility.
The Maximus Arcade system is pretty much complete and fully customizable.

I use maximus arcade and I have found it pretty easy to use and mod if I ever have to.  I've been using it for two years and now I have been pretty proficient in it but I constantly find things which will improve my FE gameplay. 

I'm interested in what they'll be doing to improve the system, because I haven't been able to find any shortcomings aside from the lack of .mp4 video compatibility.

The Maximus Arcade system is pretty much complete and fully customizable.

Besides .mp4 video support, Maximus could also use a few more tweaks here and there. Especially fixing the bug when exiting a game with the X-Arcade Tankstick. Also wouldn't hurt to add support for the Dolphin and DeSmuME emulators. I know those emulators can be added by replacing other "systems" but having to not have to do that would be great.

But I'd be estatic if the .mp4 video support was added, that alone would be a major improvement. .AVI format is a thing of the past, and simply takes up way to much space. Hopefully Maximus isn't dead like we all thought...

Looking forward to see where maximus arcade ends up, be perfect for people who have older hardware and its simplicity of install and use, i my self am a registered user from back in the day, so hopefully they will honour original supporters with the new upgrades if there is any, got to admit i use hyperspin now and its the best front end going but i always like options and always loved the simple and effective layout maximus uses, if they add MP4 support i will def give it another go, keep us posted on here if anyone gets any further news cheers

gaz 

They have changed some of it must be doing it bit by bit as forums still the same and so far all same content

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I don't think it's been updated, but I am constantly finding out new things, such as if you want to play gtsupreme (or golden tee supreme edition), you have to choose "long path" to rom, instead of short because of the name being longer than 7 or 8 characters.  That was a great hint

"As you can see from the site updates, Maximus Arcade is entering its next phase of development and work. We've added live chat help, will be responding to and generating license requests within 24 hours and you can expect continued development and improvements on the project."   

-Mameseer

So, I think it's safe to say MA is officially back in development and we can put to rest all the rumors about it being up for sale to a new developer.

Riffman, This is great news. I think we should start pestering them for .mp4 compatibility.

Start up the spambot...

http://i.imgur.com/9aTQsnT.gif

I'm quite sure .mp4 support will be implemented in the next release. Keeping my fingers crossed. Also hoping mameseer will fix the "bug" with the X-Arcade controllers when exiting a game, as all the "work-arounds" I've tried simply don't fix the issue. Guess we'll all find out when the next release is out :)

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on this frontend guys ? Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Memeseer is still working on an update for MA in between real life stuff. That's about all I can tell you at this point because in all honesty, that's all I know. You'll just have to wait for the next release like the rest of us. :thumbsup: If you have any issues or questions concerning the current version of MA, live support is up and running on the official MA website.

Archived