Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Maximus Arcade is Back!?

deadpool

No news ,but I read somewhere that there will be a August update... Lets hope so want to put it on my smaller cab just waiting for update got my new licence code last month

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any new info floating about on when MA is coming back?

Thanks,

J

I don't know about August, from what I can gather, it's looking more like mid, to late September... But I suppose anything could happen! However, expect an update before the end of the year if my sources are correct. I too plan on building a MA cab... working on finishing the bar downstairs and a nice bartop arcade running MA would be a great addition to the project.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Never mind, I found some new posts that show they haven't.

I need a new front-end as the one I've been using and really like, Mala, appears to be barely on life support now and has problems with new versions of Mame.

I've tried hyperspin and don't like that at all as its too busy for me. I liked it for 10 minutes and then didn't.

I would buy GameEx in a second if they had any kind of usable theme/layout editor. It baffles me that with all the tons of extras and time that they've put in that FE, the theme/layout editor doesn't do anything other than let you shift stuff around a little. The creators put absolutely no priority into themes/layouts which in my mind seems really strange.

You might want to check out the trailer video for gameex evo which is coming out sometime this year. Also in Hyperspin, plenty of people have done much less "busy" theme packs as all that business really is just theming.

Yeah, it's a shame about Maximus Arcade... I had talked with the creator over a year ago now and he seemed really into updating Maximus and was even spilling info about new features, etc. I guess all that was just hype because it's now 2015 and still no update. I think it's safe to say Maximus is dead in the water...

Thanks for the info.  I am going to order the lifetime package for my new cab even though I don't know what my FE is going to be.  I'm surprised I didn't order it before but maybe it was because you were just starting up at that time.

Update: I went ahead and ordered the lifetime package.  My next cab is going to be better.  Now on to completely wiping out and starting from scratch my old spyware and virus infested PC.  No more Beta testing torrent games and various programs on my cab.  I think I'm going to stick with Mala and work thru any of the recent bugs with new Mame versions.  I'm also going to buy a brand new cab from Rec Room Masters and retire my old arcade cab that never really got finished fully.  Lots to do!

Thanks for the info.  I am going to order the lifetime package for my new cab even though I don't know what my FE is going to be.  I'm surprised I didn't order it before but maybe it was because you were just starting up at that time.

Update: I went ahead and ordered the lifetime package.  My next cab is going to be better.  Now on to completely wiping out and starting from scratch my old spyware and virus infested PC.  No more Beta testing torrent games and various programs on my cab.  I think I'm going to stick with Mala and work thru any of the recent bugs with new Mame versions.  I'm also going to buy a brand new cab from Rec Room Masters and retire my old arcade cab that never really got finished fully.  Lots to do!

Good luck to you! I think I'd go with GameEx as my FE and use Hyperlaunch, but that's just my opinion. I use both HyperSpin and GameEx in my two cabs and love both for different reasons. Hyperspin has lots more in the way of themes as opposed to GameEx, but it's all a matter of taste. Some ppl find HyperSpin to "busy" or "flashy" and sometimes difficult to setup, while others love all the bells and whisles. I will say that GameEx is a bit more on the user friendly side as far as setup, and has a wonderful forum with great folks always willing to help out. And with GameEx Evolution on the way, that support can only get better! HyperSpin has a great community as well, but the FE hasn't been updated in quite awhile and I'm starting to wonder if BBB has lost interest in ever updating HS.

Hyperlaunch is a great program that can be used with both FE's and is frequently updated. Might want to reconsider going with Mala... HyperSpin doesn't have to be so "busy", there are many subtle themes out there.

Post pics of your cab once you get it up and running, I'd be interested in seeing it in action.

Archived