Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

How Do I Contribute Videos To The Sync?

Visceroptosis

Hey all! First I just want to say thank for you this project because it's fantastic. I spend a lot of time working on my front end setup and it's been a pleasure to see all the video snips from this database running in it.

Next up, I want to say that I would really like to contribute to the database myself and I'm looking for clarity on how to best do so. I'm good with recording and editing software (I already do this sort of thing) and I have what I think is an ideal format worked out*; What I'm not sure on is where to upload the snips so they can be reviewed (is that how this works?) and make it into the sync.

I found this page here: https://emumovies.com/files/category/468-submit-media/
Which seems to be the ticket. But I wanted to ask and make sure. Is the best way to go about this to submit them there and then when someone has the time they will get reviewed to be potentially added, or what?

Also, is there any way to check what systems other's may be currently recording large packs for? I'd hate to start going #-Z on a system only to find someone else submitting most of the same work around the same time.

*Edit: I forgot to say. The format I'll be doing is 28 seconds of gameplay followed by 8 seconds on the title screen. This is built around the fastest setting for attract mode in Launch Box, which is to switch games every 30 seconds. If you're watching it you'll get to see the title for about 2 seconds so you can go look up games that you don't recognize but catch your interest. I'm open to input on this if anyone has any. I think it should produce ideal snips.

I think I'm going to hit up DOS (if no one else has it called?). I have an extremely comprehensive DOS collection and installing it LB I noticed there are barely any clips for it at all.

So, if I upload a pack to the submit media section and then add to it over time will the added files make it into the sync? Or how is this handled? I see that some people update their pack over time and other people submit games as individual entries as they go along. Is one of these methods (or another one) easier for whoever (Circo?) to work with in regards to the content making its way into the sync?

On 5/3/2021 at 6:26 AM, Visceroptosis said:

So, if I upload a pack to the submit media section and then add to it over time will the added files make it into the sync? Or how is this handled? I see that some people update their pack over time and other people submit games as individual entries as they go along. Is one of these methods (or another one) easier for whoever (Circo?) to work with in regards to the content making its way into the sync?

After you submit, hit me up over DM, review the vid submission guidelines.  FTP is usually better for this vs website submission system though in the end either is fine.

• 7 months later...

Archived