Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

HELP

BlaketheElder

I got my hands on something BIG. Something super rare and expensive that I want to archive and share it with all of you. But my all-in-one printer's scanner has stopped working properly, the warranty's long gone, and no amount of troubleshooting has made any improvement, and I've everything multiple times. I'm looking to replace it, but I don't have the funds to purchase another new all-in-one printer, y'know because I bought something super rare and expensive. Besides, it would be impractical. 

What I would like to ask is advice on buying a High Quality scanner, if they even make them. No printer or anything, just a standalone page scanning equipment. Needs to be at least 300 dpi. Preferably HP brand, because I use their app to make my content, but it doesn't have to be. Preferably around $200 or less; anymore and I may as well buy another printer. I can sell some of my rarer stuff to pay it off.

Just message me with suggestions. I can't go back to archiving anything without a scanner, so the sooner I can fix this, the better. And this THING is really worth it. I'm keeping it secret until it's physically in my hands, and to garner attention to this post, but it is something I guarantee you will want. Unless you have no taste. Oh, and I finally got my hands on a manual to Jurassic Park III: The DNA Factor, completing my Jurassic Park III GBA trilogy of manuals. So there's that.

On 8/21/2020 at 10:26 AM, BlaketheElder said:

I got my hands on something BIG. Something super rare and expensive that I want to archive and share it with all of you. But my all-in-one printer's scanner has stopped working properly, the warranty's long gone, and no amount of troubleshooting has made any improvement, and I've everything multiple times. I'm looking to replace it, but I don't have the funds to purchase another new all-in-one printer, y'know because I bought something super rare and expensive. Besides, it would be impractical. 

What I would like to ask is advice on buying a High Quality scanner, if they even make them. No printer or anything, just a standalone page scanning equipment. Needs to be at least 300 dpi. Preferably HP brand, because I use their app to make my content, but it doesn't have to be. Preferably around $200 or less; anymore and I may as well buy another printer. I can sell some of my rarer stuff to pay it off.

Just message me with suggestions. I can't go back to archiving anything without a scanner, so the sooner I can fix this, the better. And this THING is really worth it. I'm keeping it secret until it's physically in my hands, and to garner attention to this post, but it is something I guarantee you will want. Unless you have no taste. Oh, and I finally got my hands on a manual to Jurassic Park III: The DNA Factor, completing my Jurassic Park III GBA trilogy of manuals. So there's that.

https://www.amazon.com/Canon-CanoScan-Lide-300-Scanner/dp/B07G5XZVLQ/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=scanner&qid=1598202761&sr=8-4&th=1

I keep one of these in the closet.  Unless you need sheet feeders or a certain feature, scanners are kinda a commodity these days

53 minutes ago, Circo said:

https://www.amazon.com/Canon-CanoScan-Lide-300-Scanner/dp/B07G5XZVLQ/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=scanner&qid=1598202761&sr=8-4&th=1

I keep one of these in the closet.  Unless you need sheet feeders or a certain feature, scanners are kinda a commodity these days

Yeah, after doing a little research I noticed they do sell scanners and that I’ll probably have to choose between Epson and Canon, but I don’t know which is more reliable for this line of work as some user reviews claim they stopped working after a while. The big project is the Silent Hill Soundbox btw.

Archived