Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Printer vertical lines in scans

BlaketheElder

I haven't uploaded any manuals recently because I have strange vertical lines present in my scans. I was going to upload HAZE for PS3 and then Vietcong: Purple Haze for XBOX when I noticed vertical lines across my scans. I attached some files that are evidence of that (notice the color shift). I use a HP ENVY 4500, and have already looked into their FAQs for these problems. They didn't work. Before really sinking into service support hell, I'd like to ask if any of you have any advice to solve this. I can't submit manuals or other content if my scanner doesn't work.

01.jpg

2020-08-11_045053.jpg

2020-08-11_025394.jpg

First and foremost, if you still have warranty, might as well let them service it. If you have already recalibrated it, then there might be some dirt on the scanner CCD. If you feel confidant, open your printer up, this user speaks Italian I believe, but he disassembles the printer without a hitch. Try to clean them with lint free microfiber cloths and mild glass cleaner.

4 hours ago, Spartahog said:

First and foremost, if you still have warranty, might as well let them service it. If you have already recalibrated it, then there might be some dirt on the scanner CCD. If you feel confidant, open your printer up, this user speaks Italian I believe, but he disassembles the printer without a hitch. Try to clean them with lint free microfiber cloths and mild glass cleaner.

Thanks, but I think I found the culprit and it’s excess static electricity. Going to test it tomorrow to see if the image is distortion free, bit the image looked much nicer last I checked.

Archived