Ultimarc2.png

XArcade.png

AA.png

RetroArcades.png

GOG.png

GGG.png

byoac.png

xpadder.png

This year, some of the GameEx staff decided that it would be cool to put together a theme competition to spark some interest in theme creation. It's still in it's infancy, but it would be good to get the ball rolling in case anyone here would like to enter.

.:THE PRIZES:.

There's over $1500 worth of prizes to be won! Here's the breakdown:

1st prize:

That's a total value of over $950!

2nd prize:

That's a total value of over $350!

3rd Prize:

That's a total value of over $185!

4th Prize:

• 1 Full Version of Xpadder with Lifetime Updates
  • 1 Wired XBOX 360 controller courtesy of the GameEx Staff
  • 1 Year License of GameEx
  • 1 Month Membership to Emumovies

That's a total value of over $75!

More prizes may be added, it really depends on the number of entries we get.

.:THE RULES:.

• You can submit as many themes as you like, but only one prize per author will be awarded.
  • The entries will be judged by the GameEx staff on accessibility, overall design, and integrated features/placement.
    Judging will be done by myself, Tom Spiers, Headkaze, Frequency, and Circo.
  • Theme user feedback will also be taken into consideration by the judges.
  • Your theme must be a new theme, not a rehash of an existing theme.
  • Your entry can be submitted anytime between June, 2011 and June, of 2012.
  • Prizes will be awarded on July 15th, 2012.

.:SUBMISSIONS:.

Please submit your themes to the submission thread located here. This topic will be updated with all theme submissions, and the previously mentioned thread will be the place for users to comment on the entry or offer suggestions. If you make any changes to your theme, please PM me so I can make the adjustments in the contest thread. All submissions will be considered final on June 30th, 2012, so you may make as many changes and/or updates to your submission before then.

When you are ready to submit your theme, please follow these guidelines:

• Fill in the ENTRY POST worksheet located below. (Copy & Paste the sheet into your post and fill in the blanks).
  • Add either 3 snapshots of your theme, or a YouTube video of your theme, to the post.
  • Upload your theme to GameEx directly, or to a public download site such as MediaFire or MegaUpload. (Please, no RapidShare links!)

Easy right? :)

If you have questions, feel free to post them here. I will be updating this topic as need arises. Of course, the rules and prizes may be changed periodically without notice. Any changes will be made in writing, and an update will be posted in the submissions thread.

Happy themeing everyone!

-GameEx Staff

EXAMPLE ENTRY POST:
Theme Title: _______________________________
Theme Type: _______________________________
Theme Version: _______________________________
Theme Resolution: _______________________________

[snap1] [snap2] [snap3] -or- [YouTube Video]
Theme Description: ______________________________
Theme Features: ______________________________

Date Submitted: _______________________________
Download URL: _______________________________ (No RapidShare Links Please!!!)
Download Size: _______________________________
Additional Notes: _______________________________

Hell almost interesting enough to get me to bite...however I'm sure you'll fair far better with those that are much less reluctant to do stuff for GX.

Course I think Tom still has failed to add proper PNG transparency so folks can do drop shadows and glows and such. Plus Pure and near pure blacks go completely transparent....yuck....it was needed back in the day...but now...it just jacks stuff up.

Hell almost interesting enough to get me to bite...however I'm sure you'll fair far better with those that are much less reluctant to do stuff for GX.

Course I think Tom still has failed to add proper PNG transparency so folks can do drop shadows and glows and such. Plus Pure and near pure blacks go completely transparent....yuck....it was needed back in the day...but now...it just jacks stuff up.

When I saw you replied to this thread I almost choked! I for one do not have the time for theming but one of the main goals is to modernize it up a bit and improve the engine based on feedback. And we are giving away about $1000 worth of swag to achieve it. Can't wait to see what folks come up with.

LOL easy there big guy. :)

As I said almost...but there are big hurdles in the way even if I did want to tackle such a competition. Proper PNG & MNG support,, for starters...and cleaning up the black mess. Then supporting object paths, and object emitters, object events, object effects...plus probably another half dozen things not coming to mind right now...and that is just basic 2D stuff.

GX really needs to be altered to allow ether a WPF or SilverLight canvas...then let objects on that canvas fetch data from the GX frame work.

LOL easy there big guy. :)

As I said almost...but there are big hurdles in the way even if I did want to tackle such a competition. Proper PNG & MNG support,, for starters...and cleaning up the black mess. Then supporting object paths, and object emitters, object events, object effects...plus probably another half dozen things not coming to mind right now...and that is just basic 2D stuff.

GX really needs to be altered to allow ether a WPF or SilverLight canvas...then let objects on that canvas fetch data from the GX frame work.

Yeah, what he said ;) Is it wrong that I can barely understand what all that means but it sounds important and I am all for it lol.

:crazy:

Incorrect you still don't support proper png transparency...hell I even filed a bug report when you went D3D....if a PNG has a drop shadow...it's not rendered...simple test...simple fail.

hmm maybe I've been reading into things a little wrong...but is this a pissing match?

So does that mean that MNG's are now fully supported as well?

Take this how you want, hopefully in a good way but I really don't want to engage with you as it normally does not work out well. We have done a good job of not making our paths cross up until now.

Hope your happy and healthy though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived