Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Missing mame videos

Circo

Does anyone have a list of what Mame videos are missing? I need to do an update but the scouring takes to long and I am hoping to avoid it. I'm looking for shortcuts at this point. I know I need DK II but if your waiting for others now is the time to let me know :)

Well I could write you a little script to produce a list.

You would have to move the "Not Working" vid's out of your local store then run the script...which would create a master list based off your mame executable...then run through it checking to see if it's working or not...if so then check to see if the video is present or not...if not then make a log entry.

Do you want it to remove clones?

If you build an xml with only parents, then open the xml with hypersync and compare it to your mame video folder, show all exceptions, you should have a list of all the videos you need.

There isn't that I"m aware of...but there is one for clones...sorta.

I see how you are Circo...got me slaving way over a hot text editor and your off with some other scripter. :P

Heh no GUI for you. :)

Let me know what features you need and I'll add them...then see about a GUI.

Just need to edit two var's at the top.

$Mame = 'Z:\Emulation\Emulator\[Arcade] MAME\mame.exe'

$Vids_Working = 'Z:\Emulation\Assets\[Arcade] Mame\Videos\'

The other one is currently bogus.

Massive update to the script...it's now attached compiled & with source.

All created files are now tagged with the Mame version they correspond with.

The executable upon successful completion will now write its settings to an INI to save time on future audits.

The executable upon running will delete all *.bat & *.txt files to prevent older files being reused.

Now creates 3 folders "Batch AVI", "Batch FLV" and lastly "Text".

The Text folder now stores various lists based on information gathered from Mame & the available Videos.

"Batch AVI" and "Batch FLV" store Batch scripts related to the given format.

In each are various scripts which are ether Moving or Copy based.

The moving based ones will place different types of flagged games into separate folders for auditing.

The copy based ones will duplicate certain files should a proper file not be present. These will also create new scripts to remove the newly created files for future audits.

All Batch scripts are meant to be run in the correct video folder, or they will fail or otherwise require serious editing.

The copy based Batch scripts work with the following files that must also be placed in the video folder:

"__Game Broken.(avi/flv)"

"__Missing Video.(avi/flv)"

Proper execution of the copy based Batch scripts is:

"[Mame v#.###] Create Game Broken (AVI/FLV).bat"

"[Mame v#.###] Create Missing Video (AVI/FLV).bat"

As its safer to assume the game is broken rather than simply missing a video of it's game play.

Please note that the copy based Batch scripts are only for Parent games...they do not produce Clone game files.

Missing Mame Videos.rar

• 2 weeks later...

Wow actually got three downloads from the forum post...I'm guessing it's mostly folks interested in what the hell I'm doing with AutoIt...

Anyways since other folks are download this and possibly reviewing the code to learn from...I've kept things simple...as what I had intended was to optimize the code...not for speed but size...but that would likely make some folks heads swim from the funky stuff I'd be doing.

Well to the meat of the subject I've updated the script once again...this time 3 new batch scripts to move video files around based on Audio flags in Mame...these will likely not see much use...as the reason for them is because we have some video's lacking proper audio which results in hissing and such once Replay Gain is applied....so these are meant to help track down such videos.

This also produces a new text file that lists the current state of audio emulation for given game...this is meant to be used for comparison to future releases of Mame to aid in tracking down videos that should be redone because the audio is now in a better state of affairs. I'll likely add a Video file for much the same thing later on. That said currently I don't have in place any tool in which to compare version files...but will hopefully in the near future...if anything it's a step in the right direction.

Now I have written an additional script that is meant to strip the audio streams out of the offending videos...this is kept private as well not seeing the need for others to use it other than Circo...but if there is interest I can share it.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some basic batch scripts to remove:

Not Working

Not Playable

Video's from the current set...at least those I found thus far. This is based on file size and CRC32 values. Oddly enough there were a number of different CRC32 values...not sure if Circo re-encoded several different times or there has been damage to some of the files.

These maybe updated should I find the same vid's with different file sizes as well.

This is part of my auditing of the Mame video's to find video's where the audio is screwed up...however I felt that these very well could be helpful in preventing false positives for working games...that in truth are lacking a proper video...because of a "Not Working" or "Not Playable" video being present...when checked against the above scripts.

I do hope to make things easier for Circo in the future...along with others looking to pitch in.

Now these batch scripts are only for the current version on the FTP as of todays date...which I think is 0.132...these should NOT be used against future versions.

Remove Videos.zip

Nologic - I'm not sure if you know this, or what technique that you used to create your bat scripts, but if Mame now has a -listxml switch that will create a list that contains the status of each game. It might be a good way to automate the entire process.

<driver status="good" emulation="good" color="good" sound="good" graphic="good" savestate="supported" palettesize="512"/>

Thanks for the tip Tempest, but I've already employed that in the AutoIt scripts above...the batch scripts are simply for whats been released thus far (vids)...which don't necessarily match where the Mame executable is right now. So the scripts right above are one time only.

Now the batch scripts generated by the AutoIt scripts above...are always good...on the condition that they are newly created based off a current Mame executable...provided the recent batch scripts are used first...to prep the set as it sits now.

Anyways I have further auditing to do...ideally I'll come up with a clean final way to go through the current Mame video set and segregate or remove as necessary so that future audits are simple clean and fast...and ideally very very accurate.

The Mame set is really a pain in the ass...lots of name changes...lots of new stuff added...lots of stuff made to work that prior didn't. There has to be a lot of hair pulling on Circo's part trying to even remotely keep up with things.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone needs to dedicate himself to keep the MAME videos updated with .dat files, similar to what they do with the EXTRAS stuff. Doing a new .dat every major version so everyone can easily rename the videos to the new names. Of course, it must not be an easy job, but we just need someone who is dedicated enough to put up with it.

The Mame vid's can be updated naming wise by using renameSET DAT in conjunction with MamerenSET.

So thanks to AntoPISA and a little coding on my part...it's basically brainless. AntoPISA really deserves mad props for keeping his DAT up to date.

• 1 month later...

Just following up to see if any of the Emumovie administration staff have any updates on the progress or timing of release of the mame 142 video set? I note the latest version on the emumovie server still is mame 136 which is well and truly outdated. Since mame 143 and the next update to Hyperspin FE is just around the corner I am hoping that Emumovie administration will be releasing the long overdue mame video set update soon.

Nologic, Thank you for your update. I note your suggestion to update the mame 136 video set to the current naming convention, but the fix is just for that task and unfortunately the process does not address the issue with the missing video set. The fix you have suggested is one step closer to updating the mame video set to the current mame release which I hope emumovie administration can implement your suggestion on the server mame set so that all uses of this emumovie service can enjoy the partial update fix without the need to do the partial update fix themselves - Just a suggestion.

• 1 month later...

Okay updated the "Missing Mame Videos" script attached further up the thread.

This basically amounts to a 99.5% rewrite of the code...as honestly what I wrote was complete junk and I question if I was high on something that day or not. Really it begs that question.

The code is now insanely cleaner and easier to read and understand...and for damn sure easier to debug. This came about as Circo found the original script to be wrong 70% of the time...which is needless to say is failing way to god damn much.

I honestly can't say what went wrong with the original code as I myself could not make heads or tails of it. Which is rather sad.

Anyways the new script should be correct 100% of the time...and should be a lot faster...and again a lot easier to read and understand.

Oh for those wondering...this basically means Circo is actively working on an update to the Mame videos...hence why the bugs where found.

I did get this down to a manageable enough level where I am also checking for bad audio. I'll post an update in a day or two but I am uploading to the ftp daily.

Okay updated the script once again...far less code touched...basically just separated the Batch files for duplicating Broken & Missing video clips into Parent & Clone...however once used the newly resulting Batch scripts to remove the duplicated videos are still merged...if there is a desire to have the remove Batch scrips segregated I can do that.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe it's been dead the last few days...but there has been a ton of updates on the FTP for Mame. However I believe they are all MP4 derived right now...but don't quote me.

I think the reason why is that HyperSpin v2.0 is getting so close, that the time is being spent more on getting a full set done than keeping parity...since v2.0 will support MP4 natively thus there will no longer be a need for two different formats.

I'll likely start lending a hand in this as well...trying to get a few minor projects wrapped up for HyperSpin.

Archived