Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

PS2 SQ movies issue

Vhero

I'm finding quite a few of the videos in your packs such as Wild Arms 3,4 Spongebob lights, camera, action and Shadow the hedgehog, for example, all have the "this game is not playable" default video when this is not true they work perfectly fine with an emulator. Is there an alternate place to get these videos? Or are they premium only?

I think the PS2 set is just a bit outdated. When the videos were initially recorded it's likely that those games didn't load, but over time emulation has improved and now some of them probably run just fine. There's a few games in my library that are the same, and I plan on recording and uploading working videos myself.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, latreides said:

I came here to post the very same thing in regards to PS2 titles.

Is there a standardized process or script thats used to generate these videos?

We make them by hand, I do have an update of 77 videos so far that was just posted to ftp and sync yesterday but it's mostly Japanese releases.  The last major update was about a year ago.  Do you by chance have a list of games that are now playable?

Just now, Circo said:

We make them by hand, I do have an update of 77 videos so far that was just posted to ftp and sync yesterday but it's mostly Japanese releases.  The last major update was about a year ago.  Do you by chance have a list of games that are now playable?

https://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html?letter=M

tbf there is not much that isnt compatible now.. Ones that have issues are usually minor too. I have issues with ripping from youtube due to format youtube uses for videos. So they dont match size of other videos on here :(. Its a temp fix for now though.

I tested quite a few last night.  And while I had some luck, many are pulling a horribly low frame rate still.  Barnyard for example, you have to use software mode for the graphics and when you do you get 15-20 FPS.  That’s not exactly playable.  

Just now, Audi85 said:

I'm working on lots more US releases for ps2, including all the games with a not working video currently 

Last night I did 

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2 (USA)

007 - From Russia with Love (USA)

Alex Ferguson's Player Manager 2001 (Europe) 

Barnyard (USA)

I made a list of all the games I have that I was able to play that have "unplayable" videos:

• Enter the Matrix
  • Lara Croft Tomb Raider - Legend
  • Legend of Spyro, The - A New Beginning
  • Legend of Spyro, The - The Eternal Night
  • Max Payne
  • Prince of Persia - Warrior Within
  • Rayman - Raving Rabbids
  • Shadow Man - 2econd Coming
  • Shadow the Hedgehog
  • Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Summoner - Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army
  • Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Summoner 2 - Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon 
  • Silent Hill - Shattered Memories
  • Silent Hill 3
  • Silent Hill 4 - The Room
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Double Agent
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow
  • Tomb Raider - Underworld
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
  • Tony Hawk's Underground
  • Tony Hawk's Underground 2
  • Valkyrie Profile 2 - Silmeria
  • Warhammer 40,000 - Fire Warrior
  • Wild Arms 3
  • Wild Arms 4
  • Xenosaga Episode III - Also sprach Zarathustra

To be clear I define play, as simply getting in game and being able to control your character (move around, fight, etc...) with no major glitches.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Circo said:

I tested quite a few last night.  And while I had some luck, many are pulling a horribly low frame rate still.  Barnyard for example, you have to use software mode for the graphics and when you do you get 15-20 FPS.  That’s not exactly playable.  

What kind of system u playing on?? A game that might not be playable for u might be for somebody else with a much more powerful system. 

• 2 weeks later...