Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Feature Request for EMUSync

mccorkled

[mention=1]Circo[/mention] would it be possible to get Emu Sync utility to look for missing artwork? It sucks haveing to download 1000+ movies just to find a few missing ones when there is a new update uploaded.
This is the problem with most FE's! They uaually want you to move stuff into their own folder setup. It would be ideal if they would just use them from the folders emusync puts them.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

The EmuSync tool is kept generic and simple on purpose.  Underneath it is an API which FE devs are welcome to integrate as they see fit.  FE's like GameEx, Hyperspin and Launchbox have built in integrations of our API so everything goes to the proper folder.

11 hours ago, mccorkled said:

The Hyperpin Sync utility lets you set directory structure and then only downloads what's missing.

One caveat to this: if you are using windows 10 it wont work and crashes hyperHQ when you try to browse to find the folder.  You can still edit the .ini file in Hyperspin\Settings\[system].ini under the [videos] tag to point it to the right place

The Hyperpin Sync utility lets you set directory structure and then only downloads what's missing.
Yeah i am HS user too... but that is kinda my point as well. I have EM sync hooked to my rom folders. It generates a huge amount of files, and then i sync with HS and sure it uses the api but it generates even more files in the HS folders! Effectively I then have 2 copies of most stuff. HS sync has some rudementary folder options BUT it uses the names of systems as they are in HS. So they would download to "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" not "Nintendo_SNES" as EM would for example.

And I like to check other stuff out as well. If i want to check out LB or GameEx or something I am sure they will want media in their own programs folders too. It's great to be able to uae tbe api but i am nust saying that it would be a nice option to have to just be able to specify EM's "MEDIA" folder. Subfolders from there are all hard coded so FE's would be able to locate all systems media from that one path!

I am in the middle of setting up RetroFE right now and I gotta say, I love it! It's a little old school in that it's all editing files manually without a gui... but with that, media paths are easily configurable.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

On 1/6/2018 at 1:56 AM, gimmievids88 said:

One caveat to this: if you are using windows 10 it wont work and crashes hyperHQ when you try to browse to find the folder.  You can still edit the .ini file in Hyperspin\Settings\[system].ini under the [videos] tag to point it to the right place

HyperHQ has nothing to do with this topic.

Archived