Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Steam Link on sale (cheap as chips)

THK

The Steam Link is currently on sale.

Steam Link, normal price:  €54,99

ICEY, normal price  €8,39

Steam Link + ICEY bundle:  €9,49!

So if you consider the full price of the game, the Steam Link just went from  €54,99 to €1,10 + shipping xD

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ninja2bceen said:

So does this have any issue with running Hyperspin etc like nvidia shield does? Like if it just mirrors the entire pc this is sweet

"Steam Link converts everything to Xinput or Direct Input. Make sure your emulators support that and that all input configs are set up for that too, and it should work. Retroarch looks to fit the bill on most of this"

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I got the Steam Link at full price a few months after it came out , and man am i disapointed.. I only used it to stream games from the Loft down to the living room , didnt even use wifi, had it all hard wired and it just cant keep up with fast paced games, massive frame drops

Experienced the same, it will probably work for slow games where timing is not important, but even football (soccer) games are too fast (also hard wired). I did get better results with Steam In-Home streaming to the living room PC though. But even my Android tablet with remote desktop produced better results than the Steam Link...

• 2 months later...

How are these performing? I missed this instance, but am considering waiting to pick it up at the next sale - it's not the first time they've done something like this.