Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Intro Videos Project

Circo

With a new release of HyperSpin on the horizon it was decided that a complete set of system intro videos would be a good project to start. Each intro video will feature around 15 of some of the best games for each system. I begin by doing a search for "top games" lists for each system and figureing out my game lists. Then if the set is already a HiQ set I jsu clip it into 7 second segments with a nice transition. If the original video snap set is SQ or not yet released I am making the videos in HiQ format for the intro. So far the response has been great!

As each intro video is released I will also be remodeling the system pages with updated artwork links and a new (more polished) look. I would like to take a second to thank BadSeed with this as he has been tirelessly working to get the artwork packs updated and in some cases released. You should see much more content hitting the site in the near future.

Loving the videos !! just a thought how about setting the length of each video.

I would like to have the wheel in hyperspin, spin just as the system video ends, just a thought I wanted to put out there and see what the rest of the members think smile.gif

Loving the videos !! just a thought how about setting the length of each video.

I would like to have the wheel in hyperspin, spin just as the system video ends, just a thought I wanted to put out there and see what the rest of the members think smile.gif

Thats a pretty good idea, Circo shouldnt have to make the videos a certain length, I say let we can have him keep making them the way he is now and add the feature to HS where you can still set your attract mode time to the same amount, say 30 seconds of inactivity or so which is default I think, then add an extra option to HS where you can say that attract mode kicks in automatically when a video ends. If its turned off then the videos can just loop automatically and go into attract mode when the normal time ends like before. I'll put this on the todo list for the next release. This would ensure attract mode works right at the moment the video ends no matter the length of the video overriding the normal attract mode setting.

Thats a pretty good idea, Circo shouldnt have to make the videos a certain length, I say let we can have him keep making them the way he is now and add the feature to HS where you can still set your attract mode time to the same amount, say 30 seconds of inactivity or so which is default I think, then add an extra option to HS where you can say that attract mode kicks in automatically when a video ends. If its turned off then the videos can just loop automatically and go into attract mode when the normal time ends like before. I'll put this on the todo list for the next release. This would ensure attract mode works right at the moment the video ends no matter the length of the video overriding the normal attract mode setting.

I lust love that idea! No more worrying about if the wheel is going to spin off when watching an unusually long video in HS biggrin.gif

Feature requested @ HyperSpin. (though BBB is probably the one the request is made out to, so a bit unnecessary)

This feature will also greatly benefit my screwattack.com/gametrailers.com video collections. I've made main menu themes for Top 10/Video Game Vault/GT Countdown/Angry Video Game Nerd. In the system wheel the video's run full screen as the video previews so when attract mode set to a specific time, watching the video past that set time is impossible.

Hope this feature will be implemented in the upcoming HS release.

Feature requested @ HyperSpin. (though BBB is probably the one the request is made out to, so a bit unnecessary)

This feature will also greatly benefit my screwattack.com/gametrailers.com video collections. I've made main menu themes for Top 10/Video Game Vault/GT Countdown/Angry Video Game Nerd. In the system wheel the video's run full screen as the video previews so when attract mode set to a specific time, watching the video past that set time is impossible.

Hope this feature will be implemented in the upcoming HS release.

The next release of HyperSpin will allow the video to play all of the way through. Bill has already confirmed this. greeting.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

nice, i hope they're included in the new hyperspin, I did notice a couple of them had some lag though.

Currently the only montage video is mame afaik, the other ones are just (usually) the most popular system game video. The Playstation one is a especially a shocker.

They look great would be awesome for them to be used in Maximus arcade on system selection.

Just one little point. For ppl looking at a cabinet for the first time (as I saw the videos for the first time) the name of the game at the bottom or the game logo showing up would be awesome so that ppl could actually go "That game looks awesome lets play that..." and know what one to look for. Or even maybe box art in the corner?

A bit of a common sense approach but would make it a bit more of a sales pitch of the video for the focus system.

Tell me to shut up if you wish but as a newb to these emulators I dont know every game from sight and to get others to feel comfortable using a cabinet it would be helpful.

Currently this is my whole focus right now, I am preparing intros for the new hyperspin release, I won't be posting them for download to use in other FE's until hyperspin actually comes out but they will be available publicly shortly after.

As far as logos or overlays that can usually be done in the fron't end itself but could take some skinning. I tried that once before with a video set but it wasnt very popular.

Archived