Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

(REQ FILLED) Magnavox Odyssey2

Guest Ninja Rygar

Guest Ninja Rygar

I'm a huge fan of Emumovies, and I would do this myself, but my computer is too old to emulate and record media at the same time.

So here's my request... the Magnavox Odyssey2. It's the first emulated system on my list that does not have animated previews of any sort. The channel F, the 2600 and now even the intellivision all thanks to you guys now have movies, but the Odyssey2 stands out since it still only has still images.

The No-intro set, after a merge, only has 84 games, several of which are Europe only (and thus need a different bios) so really it wouldn't be that many to make... but like most consoles of the time, knowing what to do without the instructions can be difficult.

Luckily, the controller is only a joystick and one button, like the 2600, so it's not too hard to figure out.... but it has a keyboard ON the console that some of the games use.

I'm pretty sure the emulator of choice here is o2em.

So I'm just throwing this one out there, I doubt too many people are interested in something as obscure as the Odyssey2, but maybe someday somebody will get around to it. Thank you.

Guest Ninja Rygar

I would be very interested in an Odyssey2 set. As the first system I ever owned, it holds a special place for me.

Might as well never mind this. I just got a new computer with Windows 7 and was going to try to make the vids... however... O2EM will NOT work properly on this computer. All the colors are wrong and I don't think there is ANY way to fix it. O2EM is not compatible with Windows 7, and there's no way to get it to display properly.

MESS can't do it properly either, so it seems this console is now not emulated... for me at least.

Might as well never mind this. I just got a new computer with Windows 7 and was going to try to make the vids... however... O2EM will NOT work properly on this computer. All the colors are wrong and I don't think there is ANY way to fix it. O2EM is not compatible with Windows 7, and there's no way to get it to display properly.

MESS can't do it properly either, so it seems this console is now not emulated... for me at least.

Damn it, I was actually thinking this would probably be an easy one for me. A nice weekend quickie here soon, but I am running win 7 now too. :bunny:

• 2 years later...

Couldn't you use the MESS emulator for Odyssey2? Works fine on win7 64