Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

looking for an emulator frontend with a 10 foot interface

chode

Steam big picture mode works really nicely on an HTPC. I would like to use that as my main interface and then include launchers for specific game systems. My vision is to add the lanchers as banners in Steam just like my PC games, then use the individual launchers to graphically browse roms.

If I can't get individual system launchers then I could live with an all-in-one launcher as long as it had an attractive, 10 foot interface which I could control from a gamepad (emulating a mouse if necessary).

I briefly investigated GameEx but that seemed geared more toward a general HTPC interface which I didn't need. The other one I saw from my searching was Hyperspin. Also XBMC with the Advanced Launcher addon looked promising.

Has anyone created this kind of setup before and if so how did you do it and what were your experiences?

Gotta be HyperSpin, hands down bro! HyperSpin is "easy" to setup if you read the instructions, and it uses a very detailed set of launchers, I suggest you download and give it a go; the online forum over at HyperSpin is probably the most helpful there is as well.

I tried hyperspin last night, it looks like it is exactly what I'm looking for, thank you for the advice. Now I just need to learn how to configure it to work exactly how I want it to work.

So that leads to the next question. Should I launch my gaming htpc to steam big picture then use that interface to launch hyperspin for emulators. Or should I launch directly to hyperspin and add a wheel for my PC games?