Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Best Original Xbox mod service in US of A?

BlaketheElder

I’ve trying to get a stock original xbox. I know that they have an exploding capacitor so you have to get them opened up right away. Does anyone know a reputable online modding service in America? I can find services for the fricken Sega Nomad but not the original XBOX. If you help me find a service that I ultimately use and satisfies, I promise I will archive a cd or manual of your choosing. Having an XBOX will increase my XBOX manual submissions.

4 hours ago, BlaketheElder said:

I’ve trying to get a stock original xbox. I know that they have an exploding capacitor so you have to get them opened up right away. Does anyone know a reputable online modding service in America? I can find services for the fricken Sega Nomad but not the original XBOX. If you help me find a service that I ultimately use and satisfies, I promise I will archive a cd or manual of your choosing. Having an XBOX will increase my XBOX manual submissions.

I took a chance on an ebay seller in 2018 on a 2tb one (Perfect size) I checked and it looks like he has been inactive for quite awhile and his rating is still only 32.  

12 minutes ago, Circo said:

I took a chance on an ebay seller in 2018 on a 2tb one (Perfect size) I checked and it looks like he has been inactive for quite awhile and his rating is still only 32.  

Yeah, I’ve noticed the scene has been drying up on ebay. I remember wanting to get a mod from Artemis Enterprises(?) but I don’t think they do it anymore. I tried playing my latest submission, Pitfall, on the 360 and the experience was almost completely broken. No image until you enter gameplay. Laggy cutscenes. Stutters during gameplay. I NEED an OG Xbox to play these games.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 10:35 PM, Circo said:

I bought an original xbox. I had to open it myself to remove the capacitor and to clean the motherboard as the console automatically turned on when plugged in to power and the power button wouldn't respond. It seems to be in perfect working order now, I'm just waiting for some quality hdmi cables to be in stock. I've already started an xbox library and am looking forward to archiving the manuals of games that I play.

Archived