Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

State of the EmuMovies Union 12/14/09

Circo

Just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up where we were 5 weeks in from launching the new site.

- FTP seems to be fully populated with Arcade, Console, Handheld and Misc sets.

- Direct download section holding at about 40% complete

- Loads of WIP stuff still to sort through thanks to the tireless efforts of our contributers.

- New EmuMovies Portal sitting at about 20% complete, this is going to be a big suprise guys, we are still months away from launching it. Rest assured the forums are a section, the actual site will be AMAZING!

- Holidays are always a rough time for me, I should still be around almost daily to activate ftp accounts and answer posts but I just cant get much work done this time of year. The only thing really on my plate for this next week is the PC10/VS intro video. Beyond that I cant promise much until 2010.

- 540 registered users in 5 weeks, I am just floored, I am glad everyone seems to like the site!

- Stopped populating gallery with artwork packs as this will be included in new main website.

Ok hope that catches everyone up to where we are so far. A special thanks to all of our supporters this last month, just paid our new server bill, felt like a car payment smile.gif

PS I wonder if vglord57 will still like me when he finds out I am a die hard Raiders fan? I am not above congratulating you on a great season, wish I could say the same.

But as a true raiders fan, I just have to add this....

post-1-126078391728_thumb.jpg.jpg]

• 2 weeks later...

Great work Circo and crew and really amazing how quick this community is growing :drinks:

BTW This website was the final straw that broke the camels back.. I've now moved from IE7 to Firefox and glad I did. You can't even view this site properly in IE7, and IE8 sucks, because you can't save a tab session upon exit :D

• 2 weeks later...

how are we suppose to know when updates are made to sets on the ftp? or is there a section for update changes and what had occured some where in the forums?

There will be posts in the project discussion area usually, the wip area is pretty busy and you can see date stamps. Official releases will be a fairly big deal.

Archived