Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hyperspin themes with 3D models

bLAZER

Yes, adding the marquees was what I had in mind.

Hehe, yeah modelling the full mame romset would be cool... and probably take 15 years or so... the hardest part is to find good reference photos and redrawing the marquee and control panel overlay. I'm currently looking around to see what cab I should do next.

I had a look at a oucple of models and they are suited for realtime applications and thus are very simple. The textures also is of very poor quality. I guess I could use some parts, but most of it is unusable.

You would need experience with a 3D modelling application and Photoshop. But can you show me some "cabinets professionally looking" because I can only find low polygon models with crappy textures?

You would need experience with a 3D modelling application and Photoshop. But can you show me some "cabinets professionally looking" because I can only find low polygon models with crappy textures?

Doesn't 3D arcade usually run in a lower resolution that some of the more modern fe's? I think that's how they usually get away with the textures they are using.

You would have to use a reeeeeealy low resolution to not see those crappy textures though. I on the other hand do them a bit too extreme :sarcastic: . You could zoom in really close and still have the same quality. But who knows what resolution we'll use in 10 years, my 3D cabinets will stand the test of time :P

I finished Popeye today, just some antialiasing and noise to get rid of but the 3D model is done.

post-168-126031389732_thumb.jpg

You would have to use a reeeeeealy low resolution to not see those crappy textures though. I on the other hand do them a bit too extreme :sarcastic: . You could zoom in really close and still have the same quality. But who knows what resolution we'll use in 10 years, my 3D cabinets will stand the test of time :P

I finished Popeye today, just some antialiasing and noise to get rid of but the 3D model is done.

Very sweet, the attention to detail is once again superb.

Archived