Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Preferrd video converter to down scale emumovies videos

32assassin

I downloaded the SQ videos from the FTP

FTP --> Official\ Video Snaps (SQ)

I tried using them on my PI project and noticed that some of the videos where crashing my system

Scroll to the 2 min mark.

I noticed that if I reduced the frame rate from 60  to 30,  I had better performance  from my PI.

So I download a generic video converter Winx to down scale the videos that where still at 60 FPS

this worked for most videos but not for the mame videos.  The MAME videos end up as a video with a single image ( see image below)

Can I request that all the MAME videos in the SQ folder be re encoded to 30 FPS or can somebody recommend a video converter that will do this for me as Winx is not working for me.

1.PNG

On 4/8/2017 at 8:24 AM, alfrasrc said:

Try Handbrake! It is free and open source, also way better than Winx ;) https://handbrake.fr/ .

Here you have the documentation: https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/

+1 for Handbrake, it can be a little tricky and first, but its settings are really easy to understand.  You could always just watch a video or read the forums about someone else's presets.

I might do that because,  I was able to get what I wanted.

I download the 480 captures and used the same program and was able to down scale to 240 and reduce the frame rate to 30.

but for some reason my final video (@240 30 FPS) sizes are much bigger compared to the 240, 60FPS videos found in the FTP.

Isn't there a build ready to go on the ftp with the videos already converted?

/Official/Project HyperPie/gameplay video snaps HQ 480p

I was told these were optimized for Pi playback

I'm using System Specific Hyperspin themes on my Main Menu.

currently using Attract Mode layouts as my System Sub wheels  but using the MAME game specific Hyperspin Themes. 

correct me if I'm wrong, but the HyperPi project is using the Attract Mode layouts with video themes and not actual Hyperspin themes.

On 4/16/2017 at 1:57 AM, 32assassin said:

I'm using System Specific Hyperspin themes on my Main Menu.

currently using Attract Mode layouts as my System Sub wheels  but using the MAME game specific Hyperspin Themes. 

correct me if I'm wrong, but the HyperPi project is using the Attract Mode layouts with video themes and not actual Hyperspin themes.

They have both in there

Archived