Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Question about how subscriptions work (A little different from the similar FAQ)...

EazyCheeze

Hey all! Hope everyone's doing great. My first post here I believe, and my apologies if it's not in the correct section.

You have an absolutely amazing service here; it's helped me out tremendously in the past, and I hope it will continue to in the future!

Got a question here. How does the subscription service here work? For instance, I see the Monthly subscription is $20, plus $5 per month. That means that I pay $20 up front, plus $5 for every month that I'm subscribed. Does that include the first month (so for the first month I would pay $25)? Or, is it $20 right away, and in a month from whenever I choose to subscribe, I'd then be charged the $5, so in essence it's two months for $25? Just want to make absolutely sure how I'd be paying if/before I decide to.

Thanks in advance! Keep up the wonderful work. :)

Do you mean this:

7 hours ago, EazyCheeze said:

is it $20 right away, and in a month from whenever I choose to subscribe, I'd then be charged the $5, so in essence it's two months for $25 [the $5 being paid at the end of the first month]?

is right? Or what I said first:

7 hours ago, EazyCheeze said:

Does that [$20 + $5 per month] include the first month (so for the first month I would pay $25)?

Sorry :rolleyes: I meant the first one:

is it $20 right away, and in a month from whenever I choose to subscribe, I'd then be charged the $5, so in essence it's two months for $25 [the $5 being paid at the end of the first month]?

But anyway I guess it should be easy to check if you "simulate" the payment but cancel at the last minute.

What I'm seeing as I go to Checkout would seem to indicate that $20 would be charged now, and then $5 would then be charged at the end of the month, whenever I choose to subscribe. That's good. My money is a bit tight now, so that is good to know.

I also bought the LaunchBox Premium License too, so having these two things working together would be perfect, and even by design as Jason and those other geniuses over at Unbroken integrated EmuMovies' Sync API! So being able to automatically download videos and manuals in addition to the awesome art being hosted on this site would be a great boon. (Oh, and speaking of awesome videos not being hosted here, if you haven't checked out the Big Box Cinematix videos for the various supported platforms on LB, do so and be blown away! (If this is extremely old news, please forgive me as I'm a fairly new participant/longtime lurker to this community :) ))

Thanks again; will ruminate on this some more before deciding. Take care!

4 hours ago, EazyCheeze said:

What I'm seeing as I go to Checkout would seem to indicate that $20 would be charged now, and then $5 would then be charged at the end of the month, whenever I choose to subscribe. That's good. My money is a bit tight now, so that is good to know.

I also bought the LaunchBox Premium License too, so having these two things working together would be perfect, and even by design as Jason and those other geniuses over at Unbroken integrated EmuMovies' Sync API! So being able to automatically download videos and manuals in addition to the awesome art being hosted on this site would be a great boon. (Oh, and speaking of awesome videos not being hosted here, if you haven't checked out the Big Box Cinematix videos for the various supported platforms on LB, do so and be blown away! (If this is extremely old news, please forgive me as I'm a fairly new participant/longtime lurker to this community :) ))

Thanks again; will ruminate on this some more before deciding. Take care!

You're welcome mate, and I totally agree with you LB + emumovies is the way to go :) I bet you won't regret it!

Regarding the videos, yes I'm aware and they're awesome. Im having such a hard time choosing themes and videos... there are too many awesome things out there.

CityHunter's a really good theme I've discovered... Very very cool. 80s-style, like I like it. And on that note, the newly-released intro video in that awesome 80s style is super awesome as well. Brings to mind Kung Fury, which is pretty much heaven for nostalgia addicts. :)

5 hours ago, Coleman said:

Where do you get the city hunter theme.  Is that an Emumovies product or is it found on LB? 

It's a custom theme for Big Box mode (launchbox premium needed). It's available in download section in the forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Have done, as you can see :) And it's already paying extremely wonderful dividends in media download goodness! I am excited, because I am actually able to support the people and things that I love within this community! :) I am happy you will be joining me soon, Ambrose!

Thank you Circo and everyone at EmuMovies for providing this service; I am happy to have done my part to offset your server costs and show my appreciation in a solid manner!

Hey all, just joined because of LaunchBox as well.  I agree, the CityHunter theme looks amazing.  I'm also quite interested in the RetroFE theme that's been showing on youtube.  Does anybody know if there is a theme similar to that on LaunchBox?

Archived