Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Orionsangel

Recommended Posts

Here are some awesome overlays for consoles and handheld systems for Retroarch. Some are made by me. The ones not made by me have been altered by me to have frame borders. The details and where to download them are in the description of each video. Enjoy!

http://bit.ly/2ejIamE

 

Some examples,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are some awesome overlays for consoles and handheld systems for Retroarch. Some are made by me. The ones not made by me have been altered by me to have frame borders. The details and where to download them are in the description of each video. Enjoy!

http://bit.ly/2ejIamE



Nice. Ill have a look. Im a fan of the bezels from Nosh!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My favorites were the Nintendo DS and PSP overlays.  Really professional looking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, talbin said:

My favorites were the Nintendo DS and PSP overlays.  Really professional looking.

Thank you so much. You don't see those often and the few I've seen are not very good. I wanted them to be simplistic while looking classy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scottad said:

Nice collection

Thanks for sharing :D

Thank you! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Wow these look great! Definitely downloading these. If I use these does that mean I can't have scanlines? Thanks for sharing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, toaks said:

Wow these look great! Definitely downloading these. If I use these does that mean I can't have scanlines? Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. You should be able to use any shader and filter you want with these. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Orionsangel said:

Thank you. You should be able to use any shader and filter you want with these. 

Oh ok. I thought you had to apply scanlines as an overlay in retroarch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are scanline overlays in retroarch, but you can also use crt shaders (.cg or .glsl). The shaders generally look more authentic, but are also more resource intensive, so depending on your hardware overlays might be the better option.

You could always combine the scanline overlays with these overlays in photoshop or gimp..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I need some help with the handheld consoles please.

When I set the overlay in retroarch the game plays behind the overlay rather than being sized to the overlay. Is there a setting I need to change?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If your on a 1080p monitor or tv and set 4:3 aspec ratio the console ones almost line up (especially with lottes crt shader which curves the screen a bit), but the actual tv bezel part of the overlay covers the edges a little. I was fine with that so I just set the overlay opacity to 100% and forgot about it.

I tried playing around with the custom viewport width and height settings to get it lined up better  but nothing seemed to change no matter what I set.

 

EDIT: I figure it out.. The only way to make custom viewport settings take effect is to set the Aspect Ratio to custom.

 

Here are my current settings (Im using a 1080p tv with lottes crt shader). Attached is an image with the overlay opacity at 25% so its easy to see where the actual edges of the rendered game are compared to the overlay.

In video settings

Aspect Ratio Index: Custom

Custom Viewport X: 281

Custom Viewport Y: 25

Custom Viewport Width: 1356

Custom Viewport Height: 1018

Desktop 12.14.2016 - 10.42.48.02.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Scottad said:

I need some help with the handheld consoles please.

When I set the overlay in retroarch the game plays behind the overlay rather than being sized to the overlay. Is there a setting I need to change?

I had Integer Scale turned on because it would become off center the screen if I didn't have it on, but Tjwoosta showed how to do it right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, tjwoosta said:

If your on a 1080p monitor or tv and set 4:3 aspec ratio the console ones almost line up (especially with lottes crt shader which curves the screen a bit), but the actual tv bezel part of the overlay covers the edges a little. I was fine with that so I just set the overlay opacity to 100% and forgot about it.

I tried playing around with the custom viewport width and height settings to get it lined up better  but nothing seemed to change no matter what I set.

 

EDIT: I figure it out.. The only way to make custom viewport settings take effect is to set the Aspect Ratio to custom.

 

Here are my current settings (Im using a 1080p tv with lottes crt shader). Attached is an image with the overlay opacity at 25% so its easy to see where the actual edges of the rendered game are compared to the overlay.

In video settings

Aspect Ratio Index: Custom

Custom Viewport X: 281

Custom Viewport Y: 25

Custom Viewport Width: 1356

Custom Viewport Height: 1018

Desktop 12.14.2016 - 10.42.48.02.png

That setting is awesome! Thanks for the info!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ahh, lol I completely missed that he was asking about the handhelds.

I have yet to try any of the handheld overlays, I don't have any handheld roms yet. Same Idea though, unless they just line up by default when using integer scaling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, tjwoosta said:

ahh, lol I completely missed that he was asking about the handhelds.

I have yet to try any of the handheld overlays, I don't have any handheld roms yet. Same Idea though, unless they just line up by default when using integer scaling.

I'm noticing that using your numbers works for some systems but for Master System for example you have to play around a bit our settings to get the specific numbers, but no biggie. The only overlay that keeps giving me problems is the N64 one. I've never been able to get it right. Tha's why you've never seen it on my Youtube channel. For some strange reason no matter what I do. It keeps resizing the overlay with the display screen. It's been pissing me off for months. As you can see even Mario is surprised about it, lol. Do you know a way of fixing it?

I'm using the Mupen64Plus 2.0-rc2 Core

You can get the overlay here - http://bit.ly/2hvYvHL

pic.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, in the n64.cfg file that you uploaded with the overlay change one line

overlay0_full_screen = false

to

overlay0_full_screen = true

 

 

Yes the settings I posted were from my genesis config. If you set retroarch to use per-core configs you can change each systems settings individually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was inspired by some of John.Merrit's overlays in the overlays section of the libretro forum (which have a nice screen glare effect that really brings out the curvature of the crt) and decided to add some screen glare to the console overlays in this thread.

Im not great with image editing and couldn't figure out how to make my own glare from scratch, but I was able to rip the glare from John.Merrit's JVC tv overlays and insert it into these ones.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1wzv1nr4vyxo71/Glare.7z?dl=0

preview.png

SuperNintendoEurope-glare.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tjwoosta said:

Yes, in the n64.cfg file that you uploaded with the overlay change one line

overlay0_full_screen = false

to

overlay0_full_screen = true

 

 

Yes the settings I posted were from my genesis config. If you set retroarch to use per-core configs you can change each systems settings individually.

Thank you so much! Something so simple and I never noticed. You're awesome!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, tjwoosta said:

I was inspired by some of John.Merrit's overlays in the overlays section of the libretro forum (which have a nice screen glare effect that really brings out the curvature of the crt) and decided to add some screen glare to the console overlays in this thread.

Im not great with image editing and couldn't figure out how to make my own glare from scratch, but I was able to rip the glare from John.Merrit's JVC tv overlays and insert it into these ones.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1wzv1nr4vyxo71/Glare.7z?dl=0

preview.png

SuperNintendoEurope-glare.png

Whoa, I've actually been working on that myself. Nice Job!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the advice and the information about the Aspect Ratio settings I will try it out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...