Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Orionsangel

4 hours ago, Orionsangel said:

Thank you so much! Something so simple and I never noticed. You're awesome!

6 hours ago, tjwoosta said:

Yes, in the n64.cfg file that you uploaded with the overlay change one line

overlay0_full_screen = false

to

overlay0_full_screen = true

Yes the settings I posted were from my genesis config. If you set retroarch to use per-core configs you can change each systems settings individually.

Hey would you know why shaders aren't working with the Mega Drive games? I'm using the same Genesis Plus GX v1.7.4 Core to run them as I do the Genesis and that let's you add shaders just fine. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/12/2016 at 4:18 PM, tjwoosta said:

If your on a 1080p monitor or tv and set 4:3 aspec ratio the console ones almost line up (especially with lottes crt shader which curves the screen a bit), but the actual tv bezel part of the overlay covers the edges a little. I was fine with that so I just set the overlay opacity to 100% and forgot about it.

I tried playing around with the custom viewport width and height settings to get it lined up better  but nothing seemed to change no matter what I set.

EDIT: I figure it out.. The only way to make custom viewport settings take effect is to set the Aspect Ratio to custom.

Here are my current settings (Im using a 1080p tv with lottes crt shader). Attached is an image with the overlay opacity at 25% so its easy to see where the actual edges of the rendered game are compared to the overlay.

In video settings

Aspect Ratio Index: Custom

Custom Viewport X: 281

Custom Viewport Y: 25

Custom Viewport Width: 1356

Custom Viewport Height: 1018

Thank you very much for the settings! and thanks to OP for the overlays of course :)

Archived