Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

A minimum quality standard for manuals?

Imgema

I downloaded all the available NES manuals and i noticed that a lot of them are so low quality that are pretty much unusable:

1321321.jpg

There are a lot of manuals that look like this. I already deleted 20 or 30 of them. And that's only for the NES, i don't know about other systems.

What's the point of doing all the work scanning and uploading if the manuals can't be read? Shouldn't there be a minimum quality requirement for those manuals to be (at least barely) readable?

Is this the best site for game manual scans? Mainly looking for older retro systems, and some arcade cabinets. Haven't checked the quality of the ones on this site yet, as I'm still kinda new here, but I look forward to checking some stuff out soon.

1 hour ago, Circo said:

We have best available, anytime we get fresh scans or submissions we replace, but there are not that many that are that bad

Ok but how do we know when a low quality manual is replaced with a better one? Since you already have the manual and it's labeled as "you already have it" won't the download utility see the filename in your drive and just skip it?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...