Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Just saying hello!

bluelight

Hi everyone..

Just wanted to make my first post here and say hello to everyone. Just became a lifetime member and am glad to be here.

I am building a bartop cabinet and am looking forward to downloading all the great content here. I am also a digital artist so once my build is done I may be creating content as well.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

Bluelight

Pleasure to meet you matey. Give us a shout if you get stuck with anything. But make yourself at home and enjoy, its a great place to be :D

What Front End you thinking of going for mate?

Hey Austin! I'm going with hyperspin and you are to thank for that.. I have watched so many of your tutorials, I couldn't have figured it out without you so thanks. :)

I'm also new here, and have decided on HyperSpin. Thanks to Simply Austin for all the tutorial videos. I was able to follow most of them, and figure out the differences for a 32-bit system on my own. Ever think of doing some 32-bit vids? 

I know everything is going 64-bit nowadays, but the cpu I'm using for my cabinet will be used only for emulation - so it's a bit older (2008/Vista). :)

Still works like a charm though!

-Rich

Thanks guys... if your going full on Arcade I dont think you can go much better for a FE TBH.  Hehe I would love to make x32 tutorials but the thing is its actually hard to find modern good emulators with that support.  I like full fat emus and most of the time the best option is always x64

Thanks guys... if your going full on Arcade I dont think you can go much better for a FE TBH.  Hehe I would love to make x32 tutorials but the thing is its actually hard to find modern good emulators with that support.  I like full fat emus and most of the time the best option is always x64

You guys bring up a good point.. I actually am on a 64 bit system running Hyperspin, mameuifx, and retroarch.

To be honest, I am not sure if my hyperspin is 64 bit or 32, or how to tell (it is HS 1.4.) But I think both rocketlauncher and Hyperspin are only 32-bit.. atleast I don't remember seeing any options about 64-bit?

I really need to be running 64 bit though on emulators so maybe I can switch to it without too many issues Austin?

Aside from Hyperspin which I don't know what it is... I do know that somehow I ended up with mameuifx .168 32-bit. I think maybe I chose this one at the time cause I thought my arcade build would be running 32 bit but since I have 4 gb of ram in there, I will be running 64 bit there too.

So I would like to switch out mameuifx .168 to 64 bit.... the problem with that is I can't find it on their site cause they are now at .171. Any idea where I can get that and the easiest way to switch this stuff over to 64 bit without loosing my configs and such?

Granted mameuifx 32 bit is working pretty well to only be using 2 GB of ram (i think that is what 32 bit programs run) but maybe it will just be better switching to 64 bit.

**UPDATE: I managed to get ahold of mameuifx .168 64 bit and it seems to be working ok. Copied over the .ini for it and so far so good... now if I can only find a "no nag, dinput, hiscore" version of the exe... haven't been able to yet for 64 bit.

For MAME to be honest you wouldnt see much impact at all.  Same with more of the retro based emus.  but for systems 2000+ you will struggle to find reliable x32 versions. 

For MAMUIFX builds, good place is HS, MAMEUIFX website and you can even make your own tbh :D

For MAME to be honest you wouldnt see much impact at all.  Same with more of the retro based emus.  but for systems 2000+ you will struggle to find reliable x32 versions. 

For MAMUIFX builds, good place is HS, MAMEUIFX website and you can even make your own tbh :D

Ok cool.  Was I right that HS and Rocketlauncher are 32-bit? Or whatever they are, there is only one version not a 32 bit and 64 bit right?

**UPDATE: I managed to get ahold of mameuifx .168 64 bit and it seems to be working ok. Copied over the .ini for it and so far so good... now if I can only find a "no nag, dinput, hiscore" version of the exe... haven't been able to yet for 64 bit.

If you find it, let us know? 

If you find it, let us know? 

I found one that says nonag_dinput. Doesn't have the "hiscore" thing but not sure exactly what that does to be honest or if it's important.

This is where I got it from: http://www22.zippyshare.com/d/KGbQ7Hl1/21/MameUIFX_0.168_64bits_nonag-dinput_%28insertmorecoins.es%29.rar

Hope sharing that link is ok and not against any rules..

I only transferred over the .exe, not sure why or if you need to move the other stuff that is there but a quick test of the exe seems to work for the nonag x64.

Let me know if it works for you and if you have to xfer the other folders or not... If this one isn't good I can keep looking.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived