Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Making DS Video Snaps

uberpubert69

I will be using this post space to keep track of what video snaps I've made for the DS and other Systems.

DS Snaps Completed: 26/1386

Advance Wars - Days of Ruin (USA)

Advance Wars - Dual Strike (USA)

Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders (USA) (En,Fr,Es)

Age of Empires - Mythologies (USA) (En,Fr)

Age of Empires - The Age of Kings (USA)

Air Traffic Chaos (USA)

Alice in Wonderland (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (NDSi Enhanced)

Aliens in the Attic (USA) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl)

All Star Cheer Squad (USA)

Alvin and the Chipmunks (USA) (En,Fr)

Alvin and the Chipmunks - The Squeakquel (USA)

Aly & AJ Adventure, The (USA)

Amazing Adventures - The Forgotten Ruins (USA)

American Girl - Julie Finds a Way (USA)

Animal Crossing - Wild World (USA)

Animal Genius (USA)

Arkanoid DS (USA) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)

Brain Age - Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! (USA) (Rev 1)

Brain Age 2 - More Training in Minutes a Day! (USA) (En,Fr,Es)

Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow (USA)

Chrono Trigger (USA) (En,Fr)

Contact (USA)

Contra 4 (USA)

Cooking Mama 2 - Dinner with Friends (USA)

Cooking Mama 3 - Shop & Chop (USA)

Dementium - The Ward (USA)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forums! Take a look at the tutorial as I mentioned before to get a feel for the EmuMovies guidelines for making high quality captures. Also, there is a thread here of missing videos we still need to knock out for various platforms. Many of them have been done but we still have more to do so that might be a good place to get started. Circo, myself, and others were working on NDS awhile back and i believe there is still more to do for that system as well, but you may want to get with Circo on that to see exactly whats left. Just post if you have any questions, myself or others will help you out.

I need to update the spreadsheet for DS, I'll try to work on that today, there is tons of content there to be done.  For DS your going to want to have fraps.  Record at 60 fps and submit following the tutorial.  Please ask as many questions as you would like and when your feeling confident you can attach your sample gameplay and capture vid for approval to a post.  Once approved then we can get you ftp access to upload.  Keep in mind the baseline for content contributor status is 100 video submissions.  

I need to update the spreadsheet for DS, I'll try to work on that today, there is tons of content there to be done.  For DS your going to want to have fraps.  Record at 60 fps and submit following the tutorial.  Please ask as many questions as you would like and when your feeling confident you can attach your sample gameplay and capture vid for approval to a post.  Once approved then we can get you ftp access to upload.  Keep in mind the baseline for content contributor status is 100 video submissions.  

I have 200+ DS games at my disposal so that doesn't seem to be a hard number to reach. I also got an equal ammount of PSP games/Minis. How will I know which DS games you have done already btw? DS games aren't in that list that riffman81 posted.

Don't even need to do that, had you cut in about 7 seconds later into the gameplay you would have been fine.

lol 7 seconds in would have been a long cutscene. But more action it is. My backs just been killing me today. Makes sitting at the computer hard. (My seat is a couch lol) hit me up when you got that list of DS games ready.

I'd been working on the missing DS vids before getting caught up redoing much of the problematic N64 set. I don't have Circo's spreadsheet but I have an xml list built from what vids are missing from a complete rom set. I was about halfway through the letter "B" so not very far yet.

Anyway, your Advance Wars footage is the wrong dimensions. It's a bit small and squished. You can manually resize Desmume's window to record. Get it to 480x720 or as close as possible by dragging the bottom right corner out. Otherwise there will likely be quality degradation once the vid is finalized because it'll need to be upscaled.

I'd been working on the missing DS vids before getting caught up redoing much of the problematic N64 set. I don't have Circo's spreadsheet but I have an xml list built from what vids are missing from a complete rom set. I was about halfway through the letter "B" so not very far yet.

Anyway, your Advance Wars footage is the wrong dimensions. It's a bit small and squished. You can manually resize Desmume's window to record. Get it to 480x720 or as close as possible by dragging the bottom right corner out. Otherwise there will likely be quality degradation once the vid is finalized because it'll need to be upscaled.

I'm really confused... I swear to you I've been converting them to that resolution. I'll try and fix that. Thanks for pointing that out!

Edit: I updated the links with videos at the proper resolution.

Heres another I'll upload for the heck of it

Advance Wars Dual Strike Title.avi

Advance Wars Dual Strike Gameplay.avi

472x718 is what I record from the emulator at now (Was the best I could get it at). Very little upscaling will be required. :)

Here's a tip: Take an existing NDS video snap and play it in Windows Media Player (NOT full-screen of course) now match your emulator (Desmume) screen to the size of that window by placing it on top of WMP and manually resizing it to match. It should be spot on and good to go for captures! :)

Here's a tip: Take an existing NDS video snap and play it in Windows Media Player (NOT full-screen of course) now match your emulator (Desmume) screen to the size of that window by placing it on top of WMP and manually resizing it to match. It should be spot on and good to go for captures! :)

With doing that the best i can get is 480x722. now it will need minute downscaling.

Sorry I have been lagging on the list, work has been crazy this week.  I'll try to get it for you soon.

Could you change my Topic Title to something like "Making DS Video Snaps" for me? Would be a more relevant title.

Wow that's a lot of shovelware... I mean, games!

No kidding Brolly, it's craptastic :P.  You don't happen to have a proper XML for the system do you?

Archived