Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Making DS Video Snaps

uberpubert69

You were using opengl? I'd definitely recommend avoiding that in the future, Desmume is weird because opengl is usually preferred in emulators when direct3d isn't available. Not in this case if you want accuracy.

SoftRasterizer should be used in around 99% of DS games unless you want missing graphics, missing fog, missing backgrounds or glitches in general. I'm glad you discovered that. I only use opengl when playing some 3D games (NOT recording) as it allows you to up the internal resolution if you use the X432R build of Desmume.

These are the settings I use which work the best for recording. Keep in mind I'm on an Intel i5 4670k so this might not be an ideal setup for you:

09vfSIwl.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You were using opengl? I'd definitely recommend avoiding that in the future, Desmume is weird because opengl is usually preferred in emulators when direct3d isn't available. Not in this case if you want accuracy.

SoftRasterizer should be used in around 99% of DS games unless you want missing graphics, missing fog, missing backgrounds or glitches in general. I'm glad you discovered that. I only use opengl when playing some 3D games (NOT recording) as it allows you to up the internal resolution if you use the X432R build of Desmume.

These are the settings I use which work the best for recording. Keep in mind I'm on an Intel i5 4670k so this might not be an ideal setup for you:

09vfSIwl.png

I use OpenGL because it seems to be faster in some cases (Don't know if graphics card type matters mine is an AMD and heard OpenGL is better on those types of card), as soon as I see degradation I switch to the SoftRasterizer. I am actually using the X432R branch of DeSmuME. Thank you for your settings info, that will help me make comparisons to mine and allow me to tweak them. I feel pretty confident with my settings now but I can already see there can be some improvements to be made.

Tried Alice in Wonderland again, and the game crashes if you're using the dynamic recompiler unless you have the blocks set to 1 (most accurate) and the gameplay feels faster and the sound does too. just a tad laggy though. Gonna mess with the sound settings more.

Archived