Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Sega 32X

bLAZER

I've created HQ movies with normalized sound, fades etc. for the Sega 32x. So a question, should I encode them in the original 320x224, or resize them to 640x480? See the attachment for comparison.

Is this better than the existing 32X HiQ set?

If you mean /Video Snaps - Official [FLV][HyperSpin]/Console Collections/Sega 32X (EmuMovies 20080821)

then yes, and those doesn't have fades either.

I personally think 640x480 would be best...course I would also do the fades\transitions differently...but thats me.

Now for the 640x480 are you capturing at that rez or doing a filter resize...just doesn't seem as sharp as I recall.

If you mean /Video Snaps - Official [FLV][HyperSpin]/Console Collections/Sega 32X (EmuMovies 20080821)

then yes, and those doesn't have fades either.

LOL I can't even keep track of my own stuff.

[quote name=bLAZER' date='Apr 03 2010 - 05:34

AM' timestamp='1270298093' post='2440]

Ok, they're uploaded to my WIP-folder.

Ok I will do my best to get them reviewed and in the proper areas over the weekend.

Well, there's just about two or three a bit of black at the top and bottom. If I crop just those, it would mean that there will be different aspect ratios for the videos - if we resize them all to 640x480. Which means that some videos will be squashed when you use them in a front end. Sure, I can crop them, but I personally would prefer them will the same aspect ratio.

Well, there's just about two or three a bit of black at the top and bottom. If I crop just those, it would mean that there will be different aspect ratios for the videos - if we resize them all to 640x480. Which means that some videos will be squashed when you use them in a front end. Sure, I can crop them, but I personally would prefer them will the same aspect ratio.

Here is what I don't quite understand about the whole aspect ratio thing, when you played the game on your TV there were no bars at the top and bottom. But in the emulator there is. On your TV the games played at a perfect 4:3 aspect ratio (no black bars). It's your set so it's up to you.

I'm guessing there was black bars on those three or so games on the Sega 32X (they probably went with a smaller screen to be able to keep the framrate up)... also there was black bars on an Amiga PAL playing NTSC games etc.

As I said I could crop them, just my $0.02, no hard feelings.

• 1 month later...

I just realized that ALL videos have small black borders, and that's because apparently Adobe Media Encoder will add black if the destination resolution doesn't have the same aspect ratio as the source video. I can't find an option to turn it off either, so I'll do the resize in Vdub first then. I'll update the set on the FTP when I'm done.

So Circo, you were right ;)

I just realized that ALL videos have small black borders, and that's because apparently Adobe Media Encoder will add black if the destination resolution doesn't have the same aspect ratio as the source video. I can't find an option to turn it off either, so I'll do the resize in Vdub first then. I'll update the set on the FTP when I'm done.

So Circo, you were right ;)

Let me know when your done and I will get them added.

Actually encoding the resized video takes an awful long time, so I'll just encode & resize them to 2x size (640x448)

Can you upload the AVI's my I7 rig cuts through encoding times like butter.

TSCC's are uploaded (in my wip dir). I'll use the 640x448 flv myself though (haven't uploaded them) since I don't care for 640x480. Lemme know if I should upload them.

TSCC's are uploaded (in my wip dir). I'll use the 640x448 flv myself though (haven't uploaded them) since I don't care for 640x480. Lemme know if I should upload them.

The vids look great, I am doing the standard encodes now, they will be in the official sections tonight.

Archived