HyperSpin Project - Missing Videos

brolly

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

I was checking the Sega Saturn videos, there seems to be several missing videos of the Official database (they have a placeholder video only):

Croc - legend of the Gobbos
Die Hard Trilogy
DonPachi
Doom
Double Switch
Dragon Heart Fire & Steel 
FIFA Road to World Cup 98
Impact Racing
King Of Fighters 95
Lode Runner Extra
NHL 98
Rebellio
Revolution X 
Skeleton Warriors
Ultraman
Virtual olf
Z (Europe)

I was wondering if those are already done, perhaps somewhere on the FTP or if they're still missing

You'll have to be more specific, Infernoskull, about which console or what errors you may be seeing. More info would help. You may even be using an older version of Hyperspin.

Bad news, DrZhark. All those Saturn games you listed are currently unplayable in emulators. I tried in both the latest versions of SSF and Yabause, didn't matter much.

For example: "Croc - legend of the Gobbos" in SSF just shows a black screen, in Yabause you can somewhat play but almost the whole map isn't rendered and the sound barely works. Games like Die Hard Trilogy and Doom have never been playable in emulators for ages too sadly. So we'll have to wait and see but I don't think SSF has been updated in a long while.

Older versions of SSF can run at least some of those games, I know Croc was playable in an older version and doesn't work in recent ones.

Yeah, I read some older SSF revisions could play a few of those but they were still incredibly buggy, so support for them was removed. I couldn't even find which version of SSF to try either because all the info out there is so vague. There were many alpha releases before.

Support wasn't really removed it's more of a regression due to some more accurate emulation on some areas which made some games not working anymore.

011 Alpha R1 should play some of those, I know it plays DonPachi at least.

Maybe not the place to post this, however, Maximus Arcade only plays on flip screen, flv. Any ideas? possibly a resolution problem, game list or wrong format?

any help is appreciated.

I have Hyperspin set up all good but need maximus vids running as selling that cabinet.

cheers

Circo, I still have a bunch of vids sitting in my FTP folder from about a month ago that need finalizing which includes the remaining missing Super Famicom vids. I almost forgot about doing all those.

Would also still like to see Super Fam and SNES be seaparated here to make life easier for us all. Get to it when you can! :sweat:

DR, have you done videos for these yet? If not, I can do them once I finish the new PC Engine-CD set I'm working on.

Ancient Magic - Bazoe! Mahou Sekai (Japan) (Translated En)
Chou Genjin 2 (Japan) (Translated En)
Yume Meikyuu - Kigurumi Daibouken (Japan) (Translated En)

Some updates on what I am doing, first off I am happy to report im back working on emumovies pretty regularly FINALLY!

I have decided what to do with the NES, SNES, FAMICOM, SUPER FAMICOM divisions. On the site and FTP its going to stay as it is now. However we have added Famicom and Super Famicom to the Download Service (HyperSync) and those entries will have the video sets so that HyperSync works correctly. In addition,m since the sets are getting so ridiculously complete I have been recording videos for all the hacks for NES, SNES. I did about 100 over the weekend.

Famicom is live and if someone could test if it's working in HyperSync today or soon it would be greatly appreciated.

I caught up on Riffman81's submissions and I will process DamnedRegistrations submissions today.

Awesome stuff Circo, thanks!

Riffman, those are already done. We just renamed them for the final Super Famicom database because the old titles were wrong. So they just need to be renamed too.

Emumovies title on left, proper db title on right:

Bazoe! Mahou Sekai (Japan) (Translated En) = Ancient Magic - Bazoe! Mahou Sekai (Japan) (Translated En)

Super Genjin 2 (Japan) (Translated En) = Chou Genjin 2 (Japan) (Translated En)

Dream Maze - Kigurumi Daibouken (Japan) (Translated En) = Yume Meikyuu - Kigurumi Daibouken (Japan) (Translated En)

That's a slight part of the problem as there were 26 exceptions (named wrong), good news is we have about 150 more than the xml :)

I verified that the server name is Nintendo Famicom. It could be that it isn't fully cached, that happens once per day and it hasn't been 24 hours since I posted them.

I think you can remove Bio-Miricle Bokette Upa (Japan) as there is a translated version in the database as well. -Famicom

After the Nintendo Famicom we are only missing Castle Quest (Japan) (Translated_En) & Sqoon (Japan) (Translated En)

Has anyone done these and I somehow missed them?

Archived