Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

HyperSpin Project - Missing Videos

brolly

Yeah I noticed that a while back as well, will leave it in the XML anyway because it's a pretty cool game.

If you are doing the PC Engine ones any chance you could do PC Genjin 1 too? We ended up adding it since it was just looking weird to have the first one missing even though it's the exact same game as the US release only under a different name.

Updated the first post.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missing NES videos are finished for the most part. There are 3 I'm having trouble /issues with:

Adventures of Lex and Grim, The (World) (Unl)

- Couldn't get any response from any of the buttons on my controller. Tried multiple emulators.

Dikki Painguin In - TKO For The Third Reich (World) (Unl)

- Freezing issues. Bad ROM???

Super Pak-Pak (World) (Unl)

- Can't remember the issues with this one. I'm away from my setup at the moment but will check when I get home.

All other missing NES videos are completed. If I can get the other 3 working I'll do them.

Some of these games do not have a title screen, so therefore there will be no title sequence in the video, just gameplay.

Lex I can only get it to run properly with NNesterJ, Dikki Painguin also works fine with this emu, also seems to run ok with FCEUX, but colors are more accurate with NNesterJ so I suggest using that one.

Beware that the timings in Dikki Painguin are incredibly sensible, to me it renders the game basically unplayable and I only added it because someone asked me to, seems for some people it's ok, game seems nice but I just can't get the timings for the higher jumps right. You'll see what I mean with the first obstacle in the very first screen of the game :)

Super Pak-Pak works fine with the usual emus, it's a 2 player only game though so maybe that was your problem?

Any luck locating that missing SNES video btw?

And nice work, thanks for your effort.

Lex I can only get it to run properly with NNesterJ, Dikki Painguin also works fine with this emu, also seems to run ok with FCEUX, but colors are more accurate with NNesterJ so I suggest using that one.

Beware that the timings in Dikki Painguin are incredibly sensible, to me it renders the game basically unplayable and I only added it because someone asked me to, seems for some people it's ok, game seems nice but I just can't get the timings for the higher jumps right. You'll see what I mean with the first obstacle in the very first screen of the game :)

Super Pak-Pak works fine with the usual emus, it's a 2 player only game though so maybe that was your problem?

Any luck locating that missing SNES video btw?

And nice work, thanks for your effort.

Yeah, that was the problem with Super Pak-Pak. I'll get one of my kiddos to come play that one to make the video. Me personally, I would remove Lex and Grim. If it doesn't run right in Nestopia, it probably wouldn't run on real hardware... are there reproductions of that ROM on cart? If so, I retract my previous statement. Just seems silly to add a game that's basically unplayable with the majority of emulators. I'll snag a copy of NNesterJ and see if I can get the capture.

The SNES video must have gotten lost in the shuffle. I can redo it but I'll have to locate the ROM. I only have a handful of Homebrew stuff in my database and I think I deleted that one for whatever reason. Once complete I'll post back :)

Have no idea if the game runs on real hardware or not, there were no official repro carts that I'm aware of, not sure if there were some custom ones.

NNesterJ is a very accurate emulator with great mapper support, it's not that popular due to being a japanese emulator, kinda like what happens with Xebra which is by far the most accurate PSX emulator, but very underrated.

Nestopia has it's issues so I wouldn't bet that just because a game doesn't run on it won't run on real hardware.

Oh Lex and Grim is also a 2 player game btw, but you simply kill the 2nd character in the first screen and then proceed as 1 player only :)

If you need that SNES rom just lmk. I think that's also a 2 player game...

Big update here and lots for Circo to finalize in my folder lol

PC Engine -- complete (including PC Genjin 1)

NEC PC Engine-CD -- complete

NEC TurboGrafx-CD -- complete

Panasonic 3DO -- complete

Sega 32X -- complete

Sega Game Gear -- complete

Nintendo Gamecube -- Maxplay Classic Games Volume 1 (Europe) (Unl) is done but I cannot find Konjiki no Gashbell!! Yuujyo Tag Battle 2 anywhere online

Super Nintendo/Famicom -- added "Chaos Seed - Fuusui Kairouki (Japan) (Translated En)" vid (english patch came out yesterday)

Forgot to mention before but I also did a bunch of Playstation 2 games, mainly RPGs and even the translated Shadow Tower game (it's like a precursor to Dark Souls mixed with King's Field).

Nice, thanks you have been keeping yourself busy I see :)

So wait Maxplay Classics works in Dolphin now? Did you need any specific settings or did the game get supported recently?

Lmk if you need the iso for Gashbell TB 2 and I'll get it to you.

I think I'll clear the first post, by actually deleting what's already done as it's starting to look like a mess, does this sound good?

Yeah I was just going to mention something about that. Might as well remove the listed videos that are done and just mark the sets as complete so people know.

Maxplay Classics was one of the worst pieces of crap I've ever recorded LOL. They're basically generic homebrew games with Atari sound. It does work in Dolphin but requires some setting up. You need to have Gamecube bios dumps in your "sys" folder, disable skip GC bios screen, LLE audio enabled and external frame buffer set on 'Real'. Trust me, NOT WORTH IT.

As for all the vids, I ran into lots of headaches. I couldn't understand some of the Japanese games for PC Engine-CD. Those RPGs really require knowing Japanese. I know my way around Wizardry games but Wiz V for example was a nightmare to figure out when everything is in a language you don't understand.

Anyway. I was about to start on the few missing Dreamcast games but there's two problems.

1. Dream ParaPara (Asia) (Unl) is unplayable on emulators from what I read, it requires some special controllers to play.

2. Fast Striker v1.5 (World) is kind of a new release so there are no rips I could find online.

You can pm me a link for Konjiki no Gashbell!! Yuujyo Tag Battle 2 if you want, yes.

Yeah Wiz V isn't easy to navigate, but the menus are similar to the rest of the series so it's not that hard either if you really want to play the game. Since the rest of the series is included (they have english menus) wouldn't make much sense to leave this only one out.

I'll hook you up with the missing games.

Trust me I know how crap Maxplay is, I bought the PS2 version to dump it which was proven to be impossible due to some weird protection they added to the CD. Funny how you can dump everything else easily except this one crappy unlicensed game :)

Still, it's always worth the trouble to get all games working, so I'll see if I can get Maxplay running on Dolphin with your suggested settings thanks.

I just hunted down all the roms for the missing Genesis vids, these should be easy enough. Man, my folder in FTP is getting pretty big. Lot of finalizing that needs doing.

Thanks for those missing games. I'm not even keeping most of them. Just playing, recording then deleting lol. A lot of these are really bad.

Genesis - complete (except for one game. yes, I did fix it felix jr too)

I cannot find Davis Cup Tennis, at least not the USA version. Are you sure this exists? Every rom I tried was the same, they all say "world tour cup" on the title screen which is the European version.

Is Circo gonna be able to finalize all of these? lol my FTP folder is getting huge and full of stuff for almost 20 systems. That's a lot to go through and he always makes topics to announce new vids.

I was also thinking that the Super Nintendo main menu vid needs to be redone. The one that we've had for ages has a Windows error sound that bloops in the beginning of the Super Mario World clip.

I've also started on the Nintendo 64 missing list. Project 64 is such a buggy pain but I've got about five games done. All of them require tinkering with settings and changing plugins.

Shouldn't be too hard to do it as I think none of those require cropping, so it's just a matter of him sitting down and encoding them. Making the posts will probably give him more work than encoding the videos :)

I'm also going to upload over 1,000 Spectrum videos so he will get buried in videos soon lol

N64 emulation state really sucks, we are actually missing many more videos than those listed because on the current set several games are using that "Not Playable" video while they do work, just need specific settings or a different emulator.

I do hope Cen64 will be the answer to this.

You know this site right:

http://bmgcl.atspace.cc/n64mgcl/N64ConfigList.htm

Is Circo gonna be able to finalize all of these? lol my FTP folder is getting huge and full of stuff for almost 20 systems. That's a lot to go through and he always makes topics to announce new vids.

I was also thinking that the Super Nintendo main menu vid needs to be redone. The one that we've had for ages has a Windows error sound that bloops in the beginning of the Super Mario World clip.

I've also started on the Nintendo 64 missing list. Project 64 is such a buggy pain but I've got about five games done. All of them require tinkering with settings and changing plugins.

I'm in the process of doing something really cool with ALL the intro vids :) Hang tight. Most of them I believe are still at the 30FPS and need a redo.

I wanted to ask you, did you do a video for Record of Lodoss War (SNES)? It's a newer translation and I was going to knock it out if you hadn't.

Whoa, no I've never seen that site brolly. Thanks, I'll start using it. I usually just get games working in Project 64 the hard way. I've found that even using a different controller input plugin can impact performance, which is bizarre. I like to normally use pokopom because it's xinput and enables rumble for 360 wireless controllers, but some games require jabo's input so the audio won't skip.

None of my vids should require any editing by circo, I already did the necessary cropping and timing in vdub.

No I didn't do that vid riffman, go ahead. I'm glad you're working on the intro vids too, less work that needs doing lol. I can understand why so many snaps were in 30fps though, only until recently have cpu's gotten fast enough to smoothly record 60fps in most emulators. FRAPs used to lag the crap out of my old PC with a Phenom II but my 4670k handles it fine.

Yeah I can't capture anything at all on my machine at 60FPS even for older systems.

But personally for most systems I don't think it matters, they never run at 60FPS anyway :)

For newer ones as well as PC Games now that's definitely worth it.

Never realized input plugins could affect audio skipping, that's weird indeed, but I'll keep that present now.

Nintendo 64 - complete

I started work on the N64 vids that have red exclamation points, since most of them are playable with some emulator tweaking. I even miraculously got Gauntlet Legends to record for 30 seconds without any graphic glitches in Mupen64plus. I couldn't believe it lol

Nintendo 64 - recorded all but 4 games that had red exclamation points. Some of them were a total nightmare to get working and really glitchy. Used various emulators.

List of ones I did:

Dark Rift (USA)

FIFA Soccer 64 (USA)

Gauntlet Legends (USA)

Mia Hamm Soccer 64 (USA)

Stunt Racer 64 (USA)

Taz Express (Europe)

Top Gear Hyper-Bike (USA)

Top Gear Overdrive (USA)

World Driver Championship (USA)

Archived