Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Comparison - HiQ vs SQ video snaps

Circo

Seems a little extreme...what settings & codec are you using? There should be a marked difference but damn!

Thats for both FLV and AVI the difference is intentional and on average the SQ sets are 4 times smaller than the HiQ sets.

The bitrates are variable but there is a max of 1500kbps on the HiQ and 400kbps on the SQ

Honestly I was expecting the diff to be more like between Cadillac & Chevrolet...but what you are showing is the diff between BMW & Yugo. :starwars:

Keep in mind I blew up the SQ sample from 320x240 to 640x480 so you could really see the difference. When your running the sq vids at their native resolution or on a low res arcade monitor they look pretty good. The SQ sets are meant to be run on older computers or systems with low res arcade monitor and they are meant to be small.

Keep in mind I blew up the SQ sample from 320x240 to 640x480 so you could really see the difference. When your running the sq vids at their native resolution or on a low res arcade monitor they look pretty good. The SQ sets are meant to be run on older computers or systems with low res arcade monitor and they are meant to be small.

I had the SQ video for my Mamecab (LCD screen).

And now i'm testing the HiQ, and all I have to say is: OMG !!

Circo, what console do you have to re-do into HiQ ?

I'll try to contribute making some videos (already existing in SQ, for exemple, Sega Genesis).

Is your tutorial (making video snap) is up to date ?

I will surely start from this basis to build them.

That´s what I was going to say. It would be more fair use their native resolution. You're doing the Mame 0.136 videos on both formats, right?

To be honest on my Arcade monitor I notice no difference between HQ and SQ, except the storage space. I could imagine on a hi-res cab or LCD that HQ would be a much better option.

<br>To be honest on my Arcade monitor I notice no difference between HQ and SQ, except the storage space.  I could imagine on a hi-res cab or LCD that HQ would be a much better option.<br>
<br><br>That is correct, on a low res monitor there is no point in using HiQ vids.  That and slow computers is what they are made for.

That is correct, on a low res monitor there is no point in using HiQ vids.

That and slow computers is what they are made for.

Yet, the next cab I intend to build will be a Vewlix with a 32" LCD, so I think I might just have to get the HI-Q snaps sometime :)

Archived