Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Videos no longer in set?

eXo

I browsed around a little and didn't see anything on this - I am setting up hyperspin for the first time and after downloading all of the flv videos for the sega it was immediately apparent that many games are missing videos. I don't mind converting avi's I currently have to flv's myself, but I was a bit surprised at how many were missing on what I thought was a fairly complete set.

Is this common, or just an issue with the genesis set?

I downloaded the AVI set I had been using in GameEx from emumovies a few years back. That set has pretty much all of the missing files. Is there a reason that the set has trimmed down since then? The first video in the currently available set (flv & avi) is AirBuster, where as in my old emomovies set there are 11 videos before that one.

The set from 2005 had 736 video files while the current set is down to 614. I watched games that were similar and found them to be the exact same capture.

I suppose I can always run a batch process on the old movies to convert them to flv, but then I would still need to find a way to get them to a no-intro naming convention. Any suggestions on how to do that easily?

Thanks.

look through the wip folders, there are alot of new captures that we have to get merged with existing sets.

I guess what I was wondering is why a game would be in the official set back in 2005 but not now.

I do see that Jochitko has at least some of the missing ones in his WIP folder.

I guess what I was wondering is why a game would be in the official set back in 2005 but not now.

I do see that Jochitko has at least some of the missing ones in his WIP folder.

Some were taken out because they needed to be replaced or were corrupted somehow and I couldn't make flv videos of them. Jochitko should have just about all of the missing ones in his wip folders

Archived