Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Sega 32X Wrong Names on 5 videos

joe35car

You have to rename these 5 videos in your FTP to match the DB in Hyperspin

After Burner Complete - After Burner (Japan, USA)

Chaotix Knuckles' Chaotix - Knuckles' Chaotix (Japan, USA)

Cyber Brawl - Cosmic Carnage (Japan, USA)

Parasquad Zaxxon - Zaxxon's Motherbase 2000 (Japan, USA)

Shadow Squadron Stellar Assault - Shadow Squadron (USA, Europe)

So, just so I'm clear... the naming convention Emumovies uses is based on HyperSpin and not No-Intro?

After Burner Complete ~ After Burner (Japan, USA) is what my ROM is named. Just did a clean build of these based on the No-Intro .dat file. I get that that HS bases the ROM names off of No-Intro sets... but why are they altering the names? Why not stick with what No-Intro has in their .dat files? Or is my set outdated?

It's based on hyperlist which beyond a minor detail here and there is a very good filtered no intro. But their can be minor differences here and there which the download service compensates for if you have a pure no intro sets.

I have been involved with the hyperlist project since its inception as renaming these sets every 3 months got really really old.

It's based on hyperlist which beyond a minor detail here and there is a very good filtered no intro. But their can be minor differences here and there which the download service compensates for if you have a pure no intro sets. I have been involved with the hyperlist project since its inception as renaming these sets every 3 months got really really old.

Cool, thanks for the info Circo. Yes, I have pure No-Intro sets, so I find myself constantly renaming artwork and video snaps to match the sets I have. So how often does Hyperlist rename their sets? Would it be worth the trouble to rebuild all my ROM sets using Hyperlist?

For the most part they are frozen, thats the whole point really.  

If your not familiar the basis of HyperList is this.

#1 Stable rom names

#2 English playable games with zero dupes in this priority

• USA
  • Europe
  • Japanese

#3 Only prototypes that can be completed

Almost mandatory to upgrade if you want to use HyperSpin to its full potential, optional for other front ends, but it makes for a damn clean game list.

OK wasn't sure if the DB was wrong because I had the no-intro set also and they were named like I mentioned above and I had to change the names of the roms and vids.

Don't really see that as being the goal anymore tbh otherwise I could have updated all the dbs like ages ago.

Regarding protos Bill was always against including them though.

Brolly I took over the approval process from BBB awhile ago, I think it would surprise you what he thinks these days. That's why I keep approving your databases. Remember Saturn and dream cast ;).

That's good news, I know we spoke about that before, but never heard anything back from you regarding it.

Anyway when you have the time I'd like to discuss that with you, I'll try to catch you in the chat. I can update pretty much all dbs in HyperList, but this will most likely mean most sets won't be minted anymore (artwork needs to be renamed or simply missing) so I'd rather do this in an organized manner instead of updating them all at once.

What exactly is the approving process of a database? I mean once I upload a db to HyperList it becomes active immediately.

We have a lot to discuss Brolly.  There isn't really an approval process as very few can actually edit a database.  We already made the change to "Official Systems" and "Work in Progress Systems".  "Unofficial Systems" are a thing of the past.  The only thing is that we need to coordinate.  Before we change a database I need to be able to rename all of the hyperbase assets first.  Then both will go live at the same time.  It would also be nice to have applicable DAT files ready.  This will also give me an opportunity to sync the EmuMovies vids at the same time.  

And there is plenty to do, like remove all the damn language codes!  :P

Do you use google chat?

brolly use a messenger client? lol I've been trying to get him to do that for years.... Resistance is futile brolly, succumb and enjoy the future.

I do have a Skype account, don't really use it that much though. Will that work for you? lmk and I'll pm you my skype email.

And hey djvj, don't HS chat count as a messenger? I think it does... stop hurting my feelings.

Neither of those count. What counts is aim, gtalk, yahoo, etc. Some method that always is on and you can always be reached and not restricted to when you are on a specific site. Skype does do this now but is a resource hog. I use trillian with like 7 different chat services.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Since we are talking about updating the DB in Hyperspin I see that many new systems were added to the official systems list. My question is will there be a new HS release to add these?

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this fantastic project.

Archived