Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Videos for Philips CD-i Games

Ashek

I've never posted here before so let me start by saying hello and thanks for all the awesome videos. I'm currently working on a couple themes for the CD-i over on the HyperSpin forums and could use some help with corresponding videos. If these are already put together a pointer would be appriciated since I can't find them anywhere.

The games I have in mind are: (for now)

Dimo's Quest

Hotel Mario

Link: The Faces of Evil

Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon

I'm also working on a system theme since I can't find any that have already been put together. I'm guessing an intro video would also be required.

Thanks in advance for any help, I'll be sure to make the themes worth the time. :)

• Like 1

If someone wants to submit basic video caps as per our submission guide I would be happy to finish them and get them added. As for me I am going to be buried for months on existing projects, so hopefully soeone will want to help out here.

From what I am reading and watching on youtube, the latest version of the emulator seems to be working rather well. Might be fun. Come to think of it I cant imagine the games list would be all that big. I may be open to doing this sooner rather than later ;)

The problem is that the latest version of the emulator doesn't work anymore ;)

Check the post above on HS forums. For videos might be ok though as probably setting your pc date back to last year might allow you to play the games.

i could use it

Upped it to the usual place. I am also compiling a special build of MESS and converting some things over to CHD, because MESS has pretty respectable CD-i emulation and unlike the posted emulator it's still being developed. I will post MESS up along with some other assorted goodies as soon as it is complete boss. :)

Rain, that seems to be version 0.5.2 right? I'm talking about 0.5.3 beta2, that's the one with the built-in time limit, a 0.5.2 cracked version has been floating around since quite some time. And there were quite a few improvements from 0.5.2 to 0.5.3 so it's definitely worth to upgrade.

MESS code is actually based on cdiemu and it only supports the Mono player (which means most games won't work), so it's way beyond current cdiemu emulation status. The guy developing the MESS code already posted a few times that he can't seem to be able to do much more progress on the driver without having some better documentation. He also complains that the cdiemu developer doesn't share enough info lol I guess he should expect that from a commercial emulator developer.

Also MESS emulation is LLE and cdiemu HLE which makes things even more complex.

• Like 1

Rain, that seems to be version 0.5.2 right? I'm talking about 0.5.3 beta2, that's the one with the built-in time limit, a 0.5.2 cracked version has been floating around since quite some time. And there were quite a few improvements from 0.5.2 to 0.5.3 so it's definitely worth to upgrade.

MESS code is actually based on cdiemu and it only supports the Mono player (which means most games won't work), so it's way beyond current cdiemu emulation status. The guy developing the MESS code already posted a few times that he can't seem to be able to do much more progress on the driver without having some better documentation. He also complains that the cdiemu developer doesn't share enough info lol I guess he should expect that from a commercial emulator developer.

Also MESS emulation is LLE and cdiemu HLE which makes things even more complex.

10-4 Boss, I am still up in the air as to what version to use; I was playing around in MESS this afternoon; and for the games it actually does emulate, it does so rather well. I guess we will have to see what goes on with this one. I am working on a patch for the latest build atm. Will update.

Nice, would be great if you could get it patched. I'm pretty sure the games that work fine on MESS will work as good in cdiemu, but regardless of that we would need cdiemu for all the games MESS doesn't emulate even though many games still won't work with the 2 emulators.

Much like brolly said the only way to run the latest CD-i launcher is to adjust your system time. I have written a launcher/wrapper/launcher for the emulator that sets your clock back to 2009 prior to launching the emulator, and then sets your clock back to the current date/time when the emulator closes. The loader takes the same input CLI variables as the emulator. Not sure if this is a viable option but I will upload it if anybody wants it. :) Thanks guys!

lol

Yeah if no one can hack it, a simple fix would be to change the year directly on the module before loading the emu. This is easy enough, I don't really like that kind of solution though, but if we can't figure another way so be it.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a phenomenal idea. I haven't seen a CD-i since right when the 3DO came out. I reeeeeeally wanna play the Zelda games cause I hear they're actually good; glad you're making a theme for one of them (or so it seems).