Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Arcadia movies

Minuous

Firstly, none of the movies will download properly. The download always finishes after 29.6K.

Secondly, the geographical information for some games is wrong. Frogger, JTron and Super Bug 2 were done in Australia (by me), and Tetris was done in Europe. I don't know where people are getting their geographical information from but it is not correct. Not that it matters hugely, but if this information is going to be provided in the first place it needs to be correct, based on research rather than just made up.

The names come from the no-intro naming convention, which is based primarily release territory (I have no idea how accurate it is, but it's a commonly accepted standard). If you are having issues downloading please submit a support ticket so that we can troubleshoot your issue as I tested it and the videos are downloading just fine. (Do not "right click/save-as")

After all that is said, are you saying that your one of the original programmers for that system?

The names come from the no-intro naming convention, which is based primarily release territory (I have no idea how accurate it is, but it's a commonly accepted standard).

The games in question are homebrews and have never been released as cartridges in any territory.

If you are having issues downloading please submit a support ticket so that we can troubleshoot your issue as I tested it and the videos are downloading just fine. (Do not "right click/save-as")

It still doesn't work, the 29.6K file turns out to be a HTML incorrectly named as an MP4, and saying "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!" even though I am logged in. I will submit a ticket.

After all that is said, are you saying that your one of the original programmers for that system?

Not one of the original programmers, no. But I did code Frogger, JTron and Super Bug 2, in the last decade or so.

Well I am sure it's just their best guess, I have no control over the naming. As far as the downloads I responded to your service ticket.

Very cool on coding those games. Nice to meet you :)

Minous, like Circo said the region on the filenames is not the origin of the game, rather where the cartridge for that particular dump was available. Since the games in question never had a cartridge release then the tag World is correct, also even if they were released on cart they would be most likely available worldwide via the web so again they should be tagged as World.

Nice work on those games btw Super Bug 2 is great, you should code a new one soon :)

While I have you here, is JTron really supposed to run that fast (like in the video) or is it a timing issue on the emulator? Because it's almost impossible to play it at that speed.

Archived