Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Is this possible?

Hunk4TH

I've been using PSXmame over Zinc for a while now and was wondering if it would be possible to rename the Zinc set to PSXmame? I know it's an odd request :banana:

It does support a few extra games, but I'm against renaming the set PSXMame, because it makes no sense to name a set after an emulator. Also games running on Zinc look pretty different than the same games running on PSXMame so the videos wouldn't be accurate.

Set could be renamed to PSX Arcade Systems though and then include the extra PSXMame games. Zinc doesn't emulate Zinc board games only as well, so the actual emu name isn't really that accurate as well.

It does support a few extra games, but I'm against renaming the set PSXMame, because it makes no sense to name a set after an emulator. Also games running on Zinc look pretty different than the same games running on PSXMame so the videos wouldn't be accurate.

Set could be renamed to PSX Arcade Systems though and then include the extra PSXMame games. Zinc doesn't emulate Zinc board games only as well, so the actual emu name isn't really that accurate as well.

I wouldn't rename them I would just make a new set, and many arcade sets are named after emulators, zinc included. But I like PSX Arcade better, is it worth doing? Cause I'll do it, im crazy like that.

Yeah they are, but not on my end I renamed all those sets because doesn't really make much sense. The only one I keep named after an emulator is Mame. By this logic Sega Model 3 should actually be called Supermodel for example, maybe it's just my OCD, but for me it's messy the way it is now.

Yeah PSX Arcade is worth doing, in fact I'm going to put together a db for it soon so you sir keep working on genesis and I'll get back to you once I have a db finished ;)

All videos from the Zinc set can be reused also a few from Mame so the list of missing videos should be pretty small.

Well they look a bit different, I'd use Zinc for most of the games on this set though, because I prefer the way games look on Zinc, but that's just my personal opinion I know others prefer PSXMame.

When I came back into this thread I thought there were like 500 replies lol. Thanks dude! What I actually meant was renaming the Zinc videos from 1,2,3 etc to the Mame names for use with PSXMame. I think I can do it manually. Though like brolly said most prefer Zinc I think. PSXMame is just easier to setup if your use to setting up Mame :)

I wouldn't rename them I would just make a new set, and many arcade sets are named after emulators, zinc included. But I like PSX Arcade better, is it worth doing? Cause I'll do it, im crazy like that.

I think this would be worth it too imo. I say if you want to take this on then go for it dude! I don't think there are that many PSX arcade titles so it shouldn't be too hard. Now if only there was an emu for the PS2 arcade hardware like for Tekken 4 etc :D

:miner: Didn't mean to xml spam like that, needs a scrollbox.

You can do the renaming yourself "half" manualy (by not typing out the names).

There's two ways that's easy and thats to use XML bidoulleir or hyper rom manager. Both allow loading of xml and will give you a list that you can match the numbered vids to rom name. Point , click & save.

There's two ways that's easy and thats to use XML bidoulleir or hyper rom manager. Both allow loading of xml and will give you a list that you can match the numbered vids to rom name. Point , click & save.

It's cool man. I renamed most of them still working on it.

Since this forum doesn't have a collapse tag, at least put that db inside a spoiler tag because it's flooding the thread too much :)

I don't like the Zinc numbered db as well btw, and will probably change it to the proper rom names like Dave Horsefield did, not sure if these will match the PSXMame ones, but I guess Hyperlist could be updated to use those instead of the numbered roms. Then we just need to update the zinc module to deal with it which shouldn't be too hard.

Dave I screwed up your xml on accident, its easier to just upload as an attachment or if you use the spoiler tags it hides it with a show button. Can you repost please :)

Or you could use Pastebin ;) @brolly that would be fantastic if you could rename the Zinc db. I don't see why it wouldn't match the PSXMame names if they are the same as Mame uses.

Archived