Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

[Finished] Sega Genesis Video Snaps Redux

Circo

Circo when you have all the videos of genesis finished you put a message for I download and encoded to flv.

Sure thing, I may actually re-encode some of the newer sets here shortly.

I have also uploaded today's progress giving us a total of 715 new Genesis videos so far.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great stuff Circo, looking forward to see the final set. I thought you were only doing these on the end, impressive.

Personally I'd drop Sorenson flv encodes as well, the better compression isn't worth it since you'll actually loose quality, never bothered me much because like Circo says mp4 will be the way to go soon, but as far as flv encoding goes On2 VP6 FTW! :)

i can do the sorenson encodes in minutes vs hours with vp6, but I feel you. The only reason I did them that way was because of how temporary they are. To be honest all of my focus in on the mp4 encoding. And brolly, i went WAY over and above the JAPAN list that you sent me ;) NES is going to be the next set, do you know if that Japan list is ready for that one yet?

Also R is now complete ;)

Awesome Circo, awesome! Difference is like night and day :)

You might want to do a video for mr. nutz 2 as well, this was the very last proto dumped last week and the game is actually finished.

NES eh? You guys are addicted to large sets now eheh. Well I have no japanese games on NES, those are going into a separate Famicom db (same as SNES/Super Famicom) because they will be pretty large dbs on their own already considering the amount of exclusives, but I do have a few extra games not on HL.

I want to work on the Famicom dbs soon, but right now I'm trying to finish the Amiga db first. Lets see if I can start working on these before you finish the NES set, take it easy though don't go too fast.

That's the way I feel about the flv encodes too, as long as the mp4 versions are good it's the most important part. We just need BBB to get HS2.0 finished and say goodbye to flvs :)

Guest Mobaholic

We love the Big Sets!!! They have the best Games!!! lol There are a few big sets we are avoiding because of how long they will take... but Genesis, NES, SNES are super fast and easy... half the games had great demos and no waiting or tutorials before getting to the action.

Most most its all about the important sets and unfortunately the sets people like the most are the one with the most games!

We will be putting Genesis to bed today and moving on... I can say this has been the fastest and funnest large set we have redone!

I knew it Mobaholic, of course you love them :-) I think most of big sets that needed to be redone are done now? And hey if you managed to survive the 3DO set you can do anything!

You should love the 8-bit personal computer systems, Genesis is pretty small compared to any of those :D

Guest Mobaholic

I have to say 3DO was hands down the worst and ugliest system EVER!!! (Minus 3 or 4 Good games ie: Road Rash and GEX) You should play "Plummers Don't Wear Ties" or just go watch the Angry Video Game Nerd's video about it! #FunnestvideoEVER

I'm a huge Genesis/Sega fan anyway... I have 3 Genesis Systems w/ Sega CD's and 1 32X and over 90 Genesis games, 12 32x games and 20+ Sega CD (Sega CD Sucked too BTW!!!)

NES is a great system too and should be fun... but we also have GameCube on deck too... that should be fun but it will take longer then Genesis or NES... Lots of intro videos and tutorials before you get to gameplay... not to mention the amount of RPG's on that system... Don't get me wrong I love a good RPG but those take forever to get even 30 secs of good gameplay.

Guest Mobaholic

On my way to EmuMovies HQ to finish Sega Genesis... Should have the set ready in a day or two... Hope everyone enjoys!!!

eheh I feel you, when you're doing videos the worst possible thing is to have large non-skippable intros. Gamecube won't be easy that's for sure especially when some games require specific settings.

I agree with 3DO, but I was happy when I saw that set being worked on, you deserve a statue for taking it till the end. Both Icebreaker games are pretty nice btw.

good luck with another genesis marathon and thanks for your effort.

Do you have any of the Sega CD-32X exclusives boxed btw?

Guest Mobaholic

Do you have any of the Sega CD-32X exclusives boxed btw?

Brolly... I only have boxes for 4-5 of my Sega CD games and none of my 32X games have boxes... I do have 35+ Genesis games in boxes tho... what were you looking for?

Guest Mobaholic

Well... Bad News... Had a less then perfect run at EmuMovies HQ today and wasn't able to finish the videos in S... Looks like the final set will be pushed back a few days!!!

It took me almost 2 Hours just to get some good footage for the 3 Shining Force games... #RPG'dOut!!!

Sorry guys we are working hard to get this set out ASAP! Thanks for your Patience

RPG'd out lol

S is always a tricky letter, lots of games on that one. Take it easy no rush, I don't think anyone was expecting these to be done so quick anyway ;)

I was looking for good scans and exact box dimensions (mostly dimensions) for any of the 5 Sega CD-32X games (http://en.wikipedia....ega_Mega-CD_32X) in order to do a good scaled 3D template out of it. The size of those boxes differ from the regular Sega CD ones. I might end up buying one of these.

Guest Mobaholic

I was looking for good scans and exact box dimensions (mostly dimensions) for any of the 5 Sega CD-32X games (http://en.wikipedia....ega_Mega-CD_32X) in order to do a good scaled 3D template out of it. The size of those boxes differ from the regular Sega CD ones. I might end up buying one of these.

Ok those... yeah all the cased games i have are Sega CD only... I'll keep an eye out for one and let you know what I find.

i can do the sorenson encodes in minutes vs hours with vp6, but I feel you. The only reason I did them that way was because of how temporary they are. To be honest all of my focus in on the mp4 encoding. And brolly, i went WAY over and above the JAPAN list that you sent me ;) NES is going to be the next set, do you know if that Japan list is ready for that one yet?

Also R is now complete ;)

Hallo Circo

Is the Vídeo for the Game Devil Crush (Japan) also Ready?

Found only the Dragons Fury on the FTP (Europa)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also not on the FTP are this Games:

Mickey Mania - The Timeless Adventure of Mickey Mouse

NHL 98

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Hyperstone Heisst

T2 - The Arcade Game

Terminator 2 - Judgment Day

The Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey & Minie

The Super Shinobie II

Thunder Force II

Thunder Force III

Thunder Force IV

Virtual Racing Deluxe

Devil Crash = Dragon's Fury apart for some pentagram symbols and other minor gfx changes, a bit redundant to have both imo

Thunder Force IV = Lightening Force - Quest for the Darkstar

The Super Shinobi II = Shinobi III - Return of the Ninja Master

Virtua Racing Deluxe - Sega 32X game

Guest Mobaholic

I have uploaded another batch to the FTP, there are now 881 vids up there and we have a little over 50 to go.

I'll Be there in 30mins and we WILL finish those last 50 vids today!!!

Guest Mobaholic

GENESIS IS DONE!!! yeah... all videos done, just waiting on final edits... Stay tuned for Final Release Notice... Thank You to Everyone who helped us on this project!

THE SET IS DONE!!!!!

That was the longest three weeks of my life.....but at the end of it we have a finished and complete Sega Genesis/MegaDrive video snap set!

The full set ended up being 935 videos, attached is a list of whats included. Akilles, did you want to take a stab at the FLV encodes?

Sega Genesis Final.txt

Archived