Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

[Finished] Sega Genesis Video Snaps Redux

Circo

NOTE: This set was completed on 4/20/2012

It's finally time to re-tackle a set that has long been on the back burner. Mobaholic and I have finally run out of excuses and distractions and are now tackling a new 480p Sega Genesis Video Snap set. We are basing the set on the HyperList 1.2 Rom List but of course if anyone would like to request other games be added we want to know. Our complete to-do list is attached below. I have also had a few people say they would like to help submit videos. We would definitely love the help and it will make getting this set out that much faster. It might also allow a few more members to get that coveted content contributor status;) If you would like to help post in this thread and we can assign you a letter or letters to tackle. Please make sure to review our submission guide in this forum section.

I will be uploading the WIP videos to the FTP in the following directory:

/Official/Video Snaps [MP4]/Sega Genesis/[WIP] Sega Genesis [Videos][MP4][480p]

Samples:

New Set

6-Pak (USA).mp4

Alien Soldier (Europe).mp4

Old Set

OLD - 6-Pak (USA).mp4

OLD - Alien Soldier (Europe).mp4

To-Do List:

Sega Genesis To-Do List.txt

• # - DONE
  • A - DONE
  • B - DONE
  • C - DONE
  • D - DONE
  • E - DONE
  • F - DONE
  • G - DONE
  • H - DONE
  • I - DONE
  • J - DONE
  • K - DONE
  • L - DONE
  • M - DONE
  • N - DONE
  • O - DONE
  • P - DONE
  • Q - DONE
  • R- DONE
  • S- DONE
  • T - DONE
  • U - DONE
  • V - DONE
  • W - DONE
  • XYZ - DONE

Contributors - Circo, Mobaholic, DJoneK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see this started, one of the most awaited sets for sure.

If you guys want my japanese exclusive list just let me know :D, it's pretty small compared to the saturn on lol

Please attach it to your post, I have been adding Japanese games on this run after what happened with Saturn :pinch: .

I'm spending a bit of time on google ensuring they aren't dupes.

Guest Mobaholic

The Japanese Saturn games weren't too bad... wont mind doing the Jap Genesis games too!

We are back at it tmro and will keep plugin away til Genesis is Complete in 480p!!!

This system was in need to a full redu... might as well get everything!!!

Good to know Saturn wasn't too bad, because you missed a few games that are playable ;)

I've been testing them and will send the list to Circo soon.

About Genesis since quite a few games will require english translation patches, I'll gather all the needed roms and will send them to Circo, will make your life easier this way rather than needing to patch roms, etc. also easier for me to do it this way instead of posting a list.

I'd like to tackle a few letters. I've been very busy recently, but I've always wanted to do this set. It was just so big I never got the courage to start it. I'll do some tests and try and do one of the lower letters and see if I can come up with "up to standards" results. Don't officially add me yet. I take it good quality Xvid/pcm should be enough?

I'd like to tackle a few letters. I've been very busy recently, but I've always wanted to do this set. It was just so big I never got the courage to start it. I'll do some tests and try and do one of the lower letters and see if I can come up with "up to standards" results. Don't officially add me yet. I take it good quality Xvid/pcm should be enough?

Yes that would be perfect

I started doing the "G" stuff, so you can scratch that off your list of "To-do". So far results are good. I'm cropping to ~30 sec gameplay and ~7 sec titles, with TSCC/PCM. Files are not too big. Only doing (USA)/(World) though, so might wanna make a note of that.

I started doing the "G" stuff, so you can scratch that off your list of "To-do". So far results are good. I'm cropping to ~30 sec gameplay and ~7 sec titles, with TSCC/PCM. Files are not too big. Only doing (USA)/(World) though, so might wanna make a note of that.

That's so awesome, thank you DJ! I have updated the first post accordingly.

Circo can you upload to ftp server yours original videos of sega genesis in a folder like is doing DJonek?I would like download because I encode the videos with other codec different to you.

Circo can you upload to ftp server yours original videos of sega genesis in a folder like is doing DJonek?I would like download because I encode the videos with other codec different to you.

That would be over 400GB to upload the whole set like that, just way too much bandwidth and I dont have that kind of storage

Circo you can upload two letters each time for example # and A to begin to your folder pf ftp,I download those two letters and I send a message when I have downloaded those two letters and you delete those two letter and upload other two letters B and C and so I can download all videos.

Make the favour I need have those original videos to encode to my way and don´t lost so much quality.

I have started uploading the final videos to the FTP in the following folder:

/Official/Video Snaps [MP4]/Console Collections/Sega Genesis/Sega Genesis [MP4][480p][HyperList 1.2+][WIP]/

I have tweaked some of the encoding settings for this set, I think you guys will be happy with the result. I am attaching a few samples from the final set.

Paddle Fighter (Japan).mp4

Virtual Bart (World).mp4

Forgotten Worlds (World) (v1.1).mp4

@DJoneK - What emulator did you use for your videos? We are using Fusion on default settings and they look very different.

@Circo, I used Fusion364 for the first few, but some of them were not behaving correctly (seems like a few regressions) so I switched back to Fusion363. How different do you mean? AFAIK I turned off filters and whatnot. dunno if there was something still on that I didn't realize.

Now yes Circo those have a good quality a great job.I have done a test converting a video mp4 to flv with a configuration me and the resulted also it,s very good and the file it,s a little more small.Here you go a video of test:

http://www.mediafire...l2hl8q7ei4tbtbf

I would like know your opinion about the quality of that flv video?

It looks pretty good! Good job. I know we have talked before about the flv videos, if you would like to encode them that would be great. Although i'll qualiify that with we are probably 2-3 months from dropping the flv format all together.

Damn... you guys are unstopabble lately, great work Circo/Mobaholic!

A Paddle Fighter video? So you included those jap games already?

Yeah we did them in line, I still am going to do another go thru and see what else I can add before final release but I am still hoping we get the finalized set out by the end of the week.

Archived