Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Nintendo Wii (all regions) 2.5D Front Box Art Pack, Hyperreal Series

Retrofrogg

Nintendo Wii (all regions) 2.5D Front Box Art Pack, Hyperreal Series

This is a big one folks! Nintendo Wii 2.5D front box art "Hyperreal" set. All regions. Aiming for a complete set. 1913 images. Due to the size, I have zipped each letter of the alphabet separately. Any errors or omissions, please let me know and I will rectify. I'll likely update this set soon once RVZ dats are available. See the screenshots for examples.

Why these images?

Short of proper 3D model box support in Launchbox, I find that "2.5D" is often the best box image type. 3D boxes can be good though the angle that they tend to be at makes the cover art a bit less clear, and all the spines can give an overall cluttered appearance which can be distracting from the artwork. The standard scraped box-front images tend to just look like jpg computer images and not the actual physical product. By 2.5D I mean that the image is of the actual front artwork, within the original box (not a "clean" reconstruction) and facing head on.

This set is created using a photo-realistic Nintendo Wii hard plastic case template (not a vector model), complete with the plastic cover overlay, within which the artwork sleeve is inserted. There is some subtle lighting and shadow effect. I'm aiming to create the most realistic sets out there, and am open to any feedback or suggestions.

PS Check my other 2.5D sets. I'm planning to do some more; any platform requests, let me know. Was going to attempt NES next.

[File List] Nintendo Wii (2.5D Boxes-Hyperreal)(LB)(Retrofrogg 1.1).txt

Mario Party 9-01.png

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/10/2022
  • Category
  • Resolution
    1285x1794
  • Naming
    LaunchBox
  • EmuMovies Sync
  • FTP Folder
    /Official/Artwork/Nintendo Wii

• 3 months later...

Great set!! Seems to be missing Metroid Prime 3, though. Would it possible to add it, or provide the template so I can DIY it for my collection?

Would it also be possible to make the original release of New Super Mario Bros. (with the red case and the red Wii banner)?

Thank you for sharing!

• 4 weeks later...