Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Mame .136 updates

Circo

Today I am working on getting some updates to the mame set for the .136 update, I really want to repackage the whole set, remove misnamed videos, normalize all the audio, but its going to take a lot of time, so in the meantime I opened a new directory on the FTP and I am going to first update missing ones and then later slowly fill it in with everything else. I am hoping that at a minimum you can grab the .128 set if you dont already have it and just plug in the the .136 ones. It's kinda messy but it will get the job done.

My first priority will be getting everything for the new Hyperspin release tomorrow so that all of the themes work.

Today I am working on getting some updates to the mame set for the .136 update, I really want to repackage the whole set, remove misnamed videos, normalize all the audio, but its going to take a lot of time, so in the meantime I opened a new directory on the FTP and I am going to first update missing ones and then later slowly fill it in with everything else. I am hoping that at a minimum you can grab the .128 set if you dont already have it and just plug in the the .136 ones. It's kinda messy but it will get the job done.

My first priority will be getting everything for the new Hyperspin release tomorrow so that all of the themes work.

Great, Thanks for the update.

BTW to view these updates, can I view the progress and/or download the mame136 updates using the new emumovies web site? or is the only way to achieve this is to do it by FTP using a FTP client?

Dariusz

Great, Thanks for the update.

BTW to view these updates, can I view the progress and/or download the mame136 updates using the new emumovies web site? or is the only way to achieve this is to do it by FTP using a FTP client?

Dariusz

While I am working on it ftp is the only way

Getting ready to upload my first batch, what I am doing first is to make sure that we have a complete video set that matches the HyperSpin Mame theme collection. So I grabbed the minted set that will be released tomorrow with HyperSpin and have ensured everything is perfect, including clones. For games not working I have included my new standard video for those.

They are in the FLV section of the FTP and I will be adding all day.

Mame Video Set Minted Themes HyperSpin

Using fatmatch pulled out all currently matching FLV's from existing .128 set

Result was 714/750 Matches

--Added--

arabiana

area88 (New recording so title matches theme)

bkraidu

bubsymphu (New recording so that title matches theme)

buggyboyjr

cobracom

cobram3

combatsc

darkadv (New recording so title matches theme)

excthour (New recording so title matches)

fastfred (New recording so title matches)

ghoulsu

gladiatr (Made new recording)

--Changed--

astron (replaced with not playable video)

cliffhgr (replaced with not playable video)

ddrextrm (replaced with not playable video)

doa2 (replaced with not playable video)

dlair (replaced with not playable video)

esh (replaced with not playable video)

fotns (replaced with not playable video)

galaxyr (replaced with not playable video)

Question wouldn't it be better to simply make a list of "not playable" games that can then be processed by a Batch \ AutoIt \ AutoHotKey \ VBS \ JS script to duplicate the "not playable video"?

That way you could do such lists for each version of mame, then end users could simply run the list and have things matching correctly for their given mame set.

Plus clearly saving bandwidth and storage costs for you. :)

Question wouldn't it be better to simply make a list of "not playable" games that can then be processed by a Batch \ AutoIt \ AutoHotKey \ VBS \ JS script to duplicate the "not playable video"?

That way you could do such lists for each version of mame, then end users could simply run the list and have things matching correctly for their given mame set.

Plus clearly saving bandwidth and storage costs for you. :)

do you know how many "Not Playable games ARE playable?

I took care of it in about an hour or so the other night. If I was any kind of scripter that would have been eaiser yes :)

Plus these neat little vids come in at about 150k so the space for the entire mame set was like 40mb out of a 16gb set.

Actually I don't....I'm probably the most odd ball out of the lot...as while I get a ton of stuff to work...I hardly ever play anything.

Hehe case and point while I own all but like 9 of the USA DC game collection I've only actually played Crazy Taxi and that is only because kids where over.

Well you don't need to be a scripter...however it would certainly help in many area's if you where...but you have myself, Brian & Tempest who are all fairly decent at scripting.

While we may not be able to jump right on things all the time, it never hurts to ask. :)

Hello Circo,

Just wondering how is your progress going with the mame 136 updates (flv).

Is your work in progress on the ftp server? and if so what is the directory path?

BTW when I log on to the FTP to only view what is available using the browser (it worked in the past), with the link ftp://ftp.emumovies-fileserver.com/, I get the page error:

"This web page is not available.

The web page at null might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error"

Is there a problem with the server?

Look forward to your response.

Regards,

Dariusz

Hello Circo,

Just wondering how is your progress going with the mame 136 updates (flv).

Is your work in progress on the ftp server? and if so what is the directory path?

BTW when I log on to the FTP to only view what is available using the browser (it worked in the past), with the link ftp://ftp.emumovies-fileserver.com/, I get the page error:

"This web page is not available.

The web page at null might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error"

Is there a problem with the server?

Look forward to your response.

Regards,

Dariusz

Server is fine, the ftp is just at max logins at the moment

Hello Circo,

Thank you for your reply,

I've been trying now for 4-5 days without luck login on to the FTP, hopefully soon I manage to login....

BTW when I do login, where can I find your work in process mame 136 flv videos on the ftp? Please provide path details.

And hope is your work in process on the mame 136 flv videos going? Can you provide a update? I know you are busy, but any WIP update is great.

Look forward to your reply.

Dariusz

@ Circo

Hi, is there any release date expected for the final 0.136 set? Is it the top priority project of EmuMovies? About the other formats, isn´t it just make the [HQ] and them batch convert´em to [sQ] and/or FLV?

There is no firm ETA and it is a priority, but I got very distracted the last two months working on stuff for the hyperspin release and this new website. Keep checking because there should be some serious progress here shortly, I have much done that nobody knows about :starwars:

• 2 weeks later...

There is no firm ETA and it is a priority, but I got very distracted the last two months working on stuff for the hyperspin release and this new website. Keep checking because there should be some serious progress here shortly, I have much done that nobody knows about :(

ate?

Hello Circo

Just a follow to see how progress is coming along with the 136 or is it the 137 FLVs. Are you able to provide a WIP update?

Dariusz

Archived