Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Cropping videos

Jochitko

I recorded PC-Engine videos (fullset coming soon) videos on two different computers. One of them made this black border on the sides of the video.

porblem.png

50% of the videos don't have this. So I can't just solve this cheaply, by making the overlay different. I deen the videos cropped so the black border disappear. How do I do this? What program? Can it be made batchishly, without editing every video manually?

Thanks in advance! A little more datailed description would be very apreciated!

Use Virtual dub.

Video/Filters: Add... null transform

Cropping... edit the settings

Press OK twice

File/Queue Batch Operation/Batch wizard

Note that the video probably needs encoding again (you probably can't use "direct stream copy") so you should also set the output format and compression. (Which is why you always should work with lossless video/audio until you make the final video)

post-1-126639029319_thumb.png

Use Virtual dub.

Video/Filters: Add... null transform

Cropping... edit the settings

Press OK twice

File/Queue Batch Operation/Batch wizard

Note that the video probably needs encoding again (you probably can't use "direct stream copy") so you should also set the output format and compression. (Which is why you always should work with lossless video/audio until you make the final video)

I suggest against null transform actually, if you use the resize filter, set the aspect to disabled and the res to 640x480 it will also give you an option to crop so you can keep your videos the right size to fit the preview screen. Remember what ever resolution they are at they always played on a 4:3 screen :)

post-1-12663902928_thumb.png

post-1-126639029319_thumb.png

post-1-126639029369_thumb.png

However you may find that it's strictly a resize thing vs cropping, different emulators output at different resolutions.

Archived