Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Is EmuMovies Sync like the old Hyper Sync?

Harrisonm65

Question

Hi all.

Its been a good number of years since I dipped my toes into the emulation scene but after a house move, new kit etc etc Im building myself a new set up starting from scratch.

Im using HyperSpin as s front end and when I first did this a looooooong time ago, they had a tool called HyperSync which connected to EmuMovies to download various intros and artwork etc for games across all systems.  This looks to be defunct now so I was looking for an alternative when I came across EmuMovies Sync.  At risk of sounding really dumb, can someone explain in simple terms please what EmuMovies Sync is and how it works?    What are its advantages over just visiting the FTP site and downloading from there?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer to this question

8 hours ago, Harrisonm65 said:

Hi all.

Its been a good number of years since I dipped my toes into the emulation scene but after a house move, new kit etc etc Im building myself a new set up starting from scratch.

Im using HyperSpin as s front end and when I first did this a looooooong time ago, they had a tool called HyperSync which connected to EmuMovies to download various intros and artwork etc for games across all systems.  This looks to be defunct now so I was looking for an alternative when I came across EmuMovies Sync.  At risk of sounding really dumb, can someone explain in simple terms please what EmuMovies Sync is and how it works?    What are its advantages over just visiting the FTP site and downloading from there?

Thanks in advance.

The two are pretty much unrelated.  Emumovies Sync as an application is a generic media scraper.  It matches to your roms and downloads whatever media you choose and you can move it over to your front end or whatever as needed.  We also have an API which front ends like hyperspin and launchbox tie into that downloads assets and puts it / formats it however it needs.  Those integrations are specialized by the devs.  HyperSync for example ties into our API for video content but they have their own artwork which is formatted specifically for hyperspin.  Hope that answers your question.

Advantages over FTP, it renames the media exactly to your roms and only downloads what you need.  There is more alternate media on the ftp than sync though.