Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

giving up.....Ripper, Toonstruck, Duke Nukem 3d & Blake Stone

BiZzAr721

I decided to give it a go making a couple of video's for DOS games. I read up on Circo's tutorial. I downloaded Vdub & 30 day trial of Camtasia studio. Video's were recorded using camtasia studio. I tried for a while to edit the video's, but mostly, I would have sound but no video. I somehow was able to edit ripper by unlinking audio 1 & video & drag audio 2 to audio 1. (Only worked that one time). I cut a lot out and moved the opening title to the end. I then selected "produce & share". I produced as CD so it was AVI format keeping original aspect. Video was almost 2 min for my HS setup, & was going to make a 2nd shorter one for the FTP but I wasn't able to go back to editing!

I spent a while trying to get back to it, then after all afternoon messing with it I just called it quits. I was able to open the files & produce as CD to get to AVI format without editing. Sorry, I tried, but it is best left to the veterans. I upped the 4 AVI's to the ftp (.../bizzar721/DOS) if anyone wants to edit & use them, otherwise they were just gunna end up in the recycle bin. I have the original .camrec file still on my PC as well if anyone wants.

-Ripper

-Duke Nukem 3D

-Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold

-Toonstruck

I need to update that, do not use camtasia studio for capture, HyperCam 3 works much much better

EDIT: Just to make sure that I was giving good advice I loaded up dosbox and did a test record. Using HyperCam 3 and making sure capture layered windows was selected I was able to record at 60fps no problem. If I didnt select that I had the same problem you had sound but no picture.

Camtasia usually is only able to capture in to 20 something fps range and produces choppy video.

I will check out hyperCam 3. It won't be for a little while that I get to try again, but I will. I watched that video in the tutorial, but I was having a hard time even getting it into Virtual Dub. I thoiught It would be as easy as record in camtasia & edit in Vdub. Then I see it made a .camrec file. I assumed it was as easy as open video in camtasia, choose export video, choose the right setting & done. Instead, they have "produce & share", which took me a lil bit to realize that was their export. Could Vdub cut a clip & past it at the end of the video?

It sounds like your making it pretty difficult.

Your right, I am :dash1: - KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid

Archived