Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

MAME video snaps. Audio but no video in MAXIMUS

swollen_thumbs

I've just downloaded all the avi format mame emu movies but when I try to preview them in Maximus Arcade front end, I only hear the audio, no video shows at all. Just a black screen where the video is supposed to show. I can also view the files perfectly outside of maximus. What am I doing wrong? I'm running MAMEUI64. I've also tried downloading and using an .flv format emu movie but that gives me neither sound or video. Any suggestions?

Sounds like a codec issue, try installing the cccp codec pack and you should be good.  Let me know if that still doesn't solve your issue.

CCCP Codec Pack

Yeah, thanks. I actually did some more searching around yesterday after I posted this comment and came across the same advice you gave me at the MaximusArcade forums. I also had to put all my emu movies into the same folder instead of having them in seperate folders as they were downloaded. That took a while to do :boredom: At least everything is working as it should now.

• 4 months later...

I aslo need some MAME video snap help. i have the .avi format mame emu movie files, also using Maximus Arace,.

my problem is that i only get an "image unavailable" displayed. if i use a still snap i do get the still image. ive tried playing the .avi file in media player and works fine. ive set my path correctly to the corrosponding video snap folder. ive also installed the cccp codec pack. also tried placing all .avi files into 1 folder.

im using MAMEUI32 ver 0.137.0.0

please help i dont have much hair left. :dash2:

Archived