Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Atari 2600 pac-man is incorrect

kaz321123

The emumovies Atari 2600 pac-man snap video is incorrect.

What is shown is an unknown glitchy looking pac-man I have not seen before.

Just reporting this issue.  I hope this is the right place.

• 3 weeks later...

pacman.a26 would be the rom name (or perhaps pacman.bin).  The preview movie I see resembles pac-man, but is not the 'atari 2600' original pac-man by tod frye.

Btw, I have no issue changing the preview video (for myself), but thought it was maybe a general emumovies issue.

I also think Dintar's pac-man should have an official entry in emumovies.  You can find it on Atariage.  It is a homebrew not released on cart yet.  Best pac-man past or present for atari 2600.  It is simply incredible.

I looked into it more.

the strange video I see goes to the game:  Pac-Man (Ebivision) (USA), which corresponds to a file named:  Pac-Man-01.mp4

I just looked up Ebivision pac-man.  A homebrew made in 1999.  Maybe it was showing itself because I might have just named my rom 'pacman.bin' or something generic.  The video to ebivision pac-man looks glitchy.

That is not exactly how it works. Pac-Man-01 is what launchbox names it when it downloads, that name is never actually passed between the systems.  LB will first send over the name of your rom file and choose the first best match, if that doesn't match then it sends over it's database name.  Either way that is never Pac-Man-01.  So what I need is if you can check the exact name of your pac-man rom file I can create an exception in our database so that the next time that name is scraped it grabs the right file(s).

• Like 1