Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

FTP MAME vids VS Download Service MAME vids (Issue?)

Chris Ellison

Just finished downloading MAME [Videos][FLV][480p][MAME .143][EM 20111127][WIP] from the FTP. None worked within Hyperspin so I tried running with FLV Video player and they still wouldn't play.

So I installed the Download Service Utility and am in the process of downloading all MAME vids (this time VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUALITY) and so far every single one will play?

A little history:

My original FLV files for Hyperspin worked perfectly. Once I copied over the FTP downloaded ones Hyperspin vid stopped working. I searched through this site and didn;t see anything related to this so I thought I'd drop you a quick post about it. I did a quick file comparison and there is a small file size difference between each file FWIW.

Not sure what the difference is between the FTP MAME vids and the Download Service MAME vids but I feel like I just wasted a ton of your FTP bandwidth.

Long story short - the Download Service FLV files play perfectly.

Thanks Tom and Circo - your efforts really make the MAME front ends shine!

Wanted to report back for future users having issues. First of all it was indeed already set for passive so I apologize for the mis info. The corruption problem was happening due to FTP transfer type was set to ASCII. Set to AUTO (option for binary as well) and now file transfers are clean and complete. If you plan on creating a video ensure that's part of the tut. I hadn't changed any settings after installation. I assumed it was ACTIVE mode because hyperspins ftp site direction state to use active and all my downloads from them were perfect.

Thanks for the help Circo.

Chris

The active setting for hyperspin is also incorrect and may sometimes slow down your connection. I will give them a heads up. Typically auto is the default but I will definitely add that to the checklist of things to cover.

Archived