Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

My tutorials

Nologic

I'm going to be doing a small collection of tutorials aimed ether at the production of a video, or speeding up the work flow of doing one.

1. Working with Rom's on a Network Share

If your files are local, or you have a gigabyte network with the files on a SSD...then this probably isn't for you.

Here is a shell extension that does the same thing as seen in Directory Opus.

Note: Videos can be viewed by any media player that supports DirectShow and has CCCP installed.

I'm going to be doing a small collection of tutorials aimed ether at the production of a video, or speeding up the work flow of doing one.

1. Working with Rom's on a Network Share

If your files are local, or you have a gigabyte network with the files on a SSD...then this probably isn't for you.

Here is a shell extension that does the same thing as seen in Directory Opus.

Perfect, I know quite a few users look for this on thier HTPC's. Would you mind uploading the file here? MediaFire and the like, links tend to expire. Also I think the board allows youtube videos, that may be better than just attaching the F4v as not eveyone has that codec installed.

BH

Not only do you pick a video format the requires custom codecs for playback, the format of video is totally unnecessary. All it is is a bunch of text and some impossible to see shots of your desktop. Why not just paste the text in the forum instead? Not that anyone would bother reading it as this info easily found on Google.

So whats your take on YouTube using F4V/MP4?

H.264 is a custom codec...oddly Microsoft, Apple and Adobe are all making heavy use of it these days. Plus its widely supported in every codec pack I've came across.

Impossible to see...HK are you on a 17" CRT? :)

Yes the info is widely available on the web...if you know to look for it.

However more of the point is the display size of the video & the quality it maintains for such a small file.

Love it or hate it, it is the future.

• 9 months later...

Archived