Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

TurboGrafx CD rips and mount

Guest BSebastian01

Guest BSebastian01

Well, at risk of starting more flame wars and looking stupid (obviously unafraid of the latter) I'm going to ask. Yes, I've googled, but I still cannot figure this out.

I've got a torrent with lots of Turbografxcd roms.

They come with a .cue and some track#.iso and a bunch of .ape files.

I can never mount the .cue, but i can mount the Track2.iso file.

If I launch the rom then, it works fine, but there is no sound/music in certain spots.

when i look at the cue that won't mount it maps to all the ape files, only it SAYS they are .wav files.

so I tried converting the ape fies to wav, which was no problem, mount Track2.iso (cause cue still wont mount even though now it looks correct) same thing, minus some music and sound where there should be some.

i tried using cdrwin 4, but it rips the mounted image that still has some missing sound/music.

I want to find a way to mount this mess properly so i can redump

but I cannot mount these including all the sound.

what am I missing?

Well, at risk of starting more flame wars and looking stupid (obviously unafraid of the latter) I'm going to ask. Yes, I've googled, but I still cannot figure this out.

I've got a torrent with lots of Turbografxcd roms.

They come with a .cue and some track#.iso and a bunch of .ape files.

I can never mount the .cue, but i can mount the Track2.iso file.

If I launch the rom then, it works fine, but there is no sound/music in certain spots.

when i look at the cue that won't mount it maps to all the ape files, only it SAYS they are .wav files.

so I tried converting the ape fies to wav, which was no problem, mount Track2.iso (cause cue still wont mount even though now it looks correct) same thing, minus some music and sound where there should be some.

i tried using cdrwin 4, but it rips the mounted image that still has some missing sound/music.

I want to find a way to mount this mess properly so i can redump

but I cannot mount these including all the sound.

what am I missing?

Not sure off hand, but I will take a llok at this system and post a working config. Hopefully by the weekend. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Unlike SegaCD, PCE/TG CDs require a strict and specific layout of the TOC.

You'll probably need to run TocFixer on you ISO/WAV set to correct the track lengths and create a correct CUE sheet.

You'll probably need to run TocFixer on you ISO/WAV set to correct the track lengths and create a correct CUE sheet.

Not to derail the thread but I must point out that badseed's avatar has been missing since we moved servers...

:D

Guest BSebastian01

Dude! Thank you! that tip pointed me in the right direction, and I have been messing around with these for too long. here's the story:

I had TurboGrafx CD roms in cue/ape/iso tracks/files and wanted the roms in bin/cue, but couldn't figure how to put them all back again. I googled "TocFixer" thanks for that btw, and learned from there.

First I converted the .ape files to .wav. then I ran TOCFixer to basically rebuild the cue with the wav tracks. Sometimes the little app would report a failed to fix, but it would still write a new cue with the gap-shit plugged in.

From there I just mounted the newly created cue with daemon and then ripped off bin/cue.

So it was the TOCFixer tip that helped me resolve this. thanks man.

Archived