Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Extreme slow downloads with EmuMoviesSync

DerMicha75

Question

Hi, 

I have a strange problem. Downloading is extremely slow on thread 1. Thread 2 is fast (I have a max. internet connection aof 1,5 meg and this is full used). But even if thread 2 is ready, thread 1 loads with 50-100k max. So for 100 downloads I have 50 fast and 50 very slow... Its very frustrating. Actually I download, cancel, and start over. So each time the half of the downloads are fast... but this is no solution. It's not changing when dl different systems / meda types. I tried this on 2 different days, restarted, restarted interbnet connection. Nothing. 

I did a break for abou a year, befaore this was not the case. But same version of util in use. Account is ok, testing is all fine. I have a lifetime subscription...

Any idea? Any config possible?

Micha

slow.png

8 answers to this question

I just ran a test

image.png

As you can see it seems to be working normally.  There are so many things that can affect speeds externally (routing) it's not even funny.  I am going to try restarting the server and if you could report back in a bit and let me know if you are seeing a change it would be much appreciated.

4 hours ago, DerMicha75 said:

Thank you. But: same as before... thread 1 is slow, thread 2 ist fast. I will try it at work 🙂 and other things (fritzbox config, virus, firewall, ...) very strange.

Micha

I apologize, not an issue I have really seen before.  If you could let us know if you find a fix it would be much appreciated.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

No success until now

• reinstalled - no effect (after that I backed up the registry settings because of all the directories stored there)
  • Rebooted FritzBox - no effect
  • Run as admin - no effect
  • Run in compatibility mode (Win 😎 - no effect
  • created a firewall rule - no effect (all outgoing transfers were still allowed before, so I did not believe in any effect)
  • disabled firewall - no effect
  • disabled virus scan - no effect

So at the moment I'm out of ideas. I will try this on my business laptop at weekend.

Micha

Curious to see what happens on another machine.  If you have access to a VPN service that is also something to try.

All in all strange I am about 5000 miles away from server and hitting 15-20 mbps total right now.

image.png

(edited)

WOW!!!!

It runs like Sonic in his best days 🙂. And Knuckles... both threads are equal and share the bandwith. Thank for updating, I'm very happy!

Micha

Edit: Not always Sonic, sometimes Mario... I played around a little bit... It works sometimes, sometimes not. Tried to do systematic tests... no rules to see, same system same media type shows different behavior. But all in all it is a big step upwards. Sometimes scanning needs 2 minutes, sometimes 10sec... downloading into a fresh folder seems to be fast all times, downloading into filled folders is slower (thread 1), but: not always... 

Edited by DerMicha75
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2019 at 4:21 AM, DerMicha75 said:

WOW!!!!

It runs like Sonic in his best days 🙂. And Knuckles... both threads are equal and share the bandwith. Thank for updating, I'm very happy!

Micha

Edit: Not always Sonic, sometimes Mario... I played around a little bit... It works sometimes, sometimes not. Tried to do systematic tests... no rules to see, same system same media type shows different behavior. But all in all it is a big step upwards. Sometimes scanning needs 2 minutes, sometimes 10sec... downloading into a fresh folder seems to be fast all times, downloading into filled folders is slower (thread 1), but: not always... 

Glad its working well, as far as the scanning times, you go into a queue, so if there are a few going on with other users it will take a bit longer than if no one is also scanning at the same time.