Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Kindof Off Topic But I am sure someone here can help!

Squeaks9225

It says any discussion so I figured asking here would be a perfect place to start!!!..

Does anyone else belong to the hyperspin forum?

www.hyperspin-fe.com

I cannot get into the main website let alone the forums? anyone else have this problem? Anyone else know whats going on with it?

I also cannot get into the ftp here at emumovies. That I added to another post was anyone having similar issues today? Yesterday no problems at all ARRGH!!

It says any discussion so I figured asking here would be a perfect place to start!!!..

Does anyone else belong to the hyperspin forum?

www.hyperspin-fe.com

I cannot get into the main website let alone the forums? anyone else have this problem? Anyone else know whats going on with it?

I also cannot get into the ftp here at emumovies. That I added to another post was anyone having similar issues today? Yesterday no problems at all ARRGH!!

I can get in just fine. try reseting your modem. Same for FTP.

what the hell is going on than? everythign was workign fine last night havent changed any settings I still cannot acess the ftp here at emumovies I get this error message....

[12/21/2009 12:47:07 AM] Can't resolve "ftp.emumovies.com". Network connectivity was detected. Check the spelling of the server name or contact the server administrator.

now I just rebooted my computer and rebooted the modem and still get the message....

Any suggestions are much appreciated.... I also can get into other ftp accounts(non video game related) so something is def wrong...

For the first part I am still having problems accessing hyperspin so if anyone could help me out... I get a dns error(like the web page doesnt exist) when trying to access hyperspin... coincidentally I get the same error message when I try to go to http://www.emumovies.com the only way I can get here is by omiting the www(tried that for hyperspin but to no avail :) this is driving me absolutley batty!

what the hell is going on than? everythign was workign fine last night havent changed any settings I still cannot acess the ftp here at emumovies I get this error message....

[12/21/2009 12:47:07 AM] Can't resolve "ftp.emumovies.com". Network connectivity was detected. Check the spelling of the server name or contact the server administrator.

now I just rebooted my computer and rebooted the modem and still get the message....

Any suggestions are much appreciated.... I also can get into other ftp accounts(non video game related) so something is def wrong...

For the first part I am still having problems accessing hyperspin so if anyone could help me out... I get a dns error(like the web page doesnt exist) when trying to access hyperspin... coincidentally I get the same error message when I try to go to http://www.emumovies.com the only way I can get here is by omiting the www(tried that for hyperspin but to no avail :) this is driving me absolutley batty!

The HyperSpin site seems to be doing just fine, and I just logged into the ftp here and it's working normally. Are you still having issues?

okay today I was able to access the ftp @ emumovies with no problems again not changing any settings.... this morning I could not access though either www.emumovies.com OR http://emumovies.com...'>http://emumovies.com... when I got home form work viola I can access http://emumovies.com I still CANNOT access Hyperspin though :) I have no idea what to do I have rebooted my modem and router reset the computer as well as use both firefox and windows explorer its just frustrating cause at the moment I only go to like 4 websites ad two of them I cannot seem to access which I never had problems in the past to do so.....

Update: Okay I called my isps tech support line and this is what I was told on this whole issue....

Basically there is a DNS problem on hyperspins end.... Its not updating my info or something like that... When typing www.hyperspin-fe.com into the browser window I get a DNS error message(the ones you typically see with a bad link)..

When pinging hyperspin-fe.com through the command line shell an error message also pops up....

I then typed in the ip address of hyperspin(according to what tech support said it was) and the apache welcome page showed up.. I was told this is common on sites that are mirrored etc etc...

Because I was able to access that apache web site through a ping aswell as through a browser by using the numbered ip address tech support said its gotta be a problem on hyperspins end...... Does anyone know if they updated somethign major in the past few days? mayby whatever they did now no longer allows me access :) BTW LOL the guy at tech support can access the page just fine he said though dns servers are different in areas.... I am in Northeast Pennsylvania and he was in New Hampshire... Any suggestions to this problem? Does anyone have an email address to tech support @ hyperspin etc etc?

Update: Okay I called my isps tech support line and this is what I was told on this whole issue....

Basically there is a DNS problem on hyperspins end.... Its not updating my info or something like that... When typing www.hyperspin-fe.com into the browser window I get a DNS error message(the ones you typically see with a bad link)..

When pinging hyperspin-fe.com through the command line shell an error message also pops up....

I then typed in the ip address of hyperspin(according to what tech support said it was) and the apache welcome page showed up.. I was told this is common on sites that are mirrored etc etc...

Because I was able to access that apache web site through a ping aswell as through a browser by using the numbered ip address tech support said its gotta be a problem on hyperspins end...... Does anyone know if they updated somethign major in the past few days? mayby whatever they did now no longer allows me access :) BTW LOL the guy at tech support can access the page just fine he said though dns servers are different in areas.... I am in Northeast Pennsylvania and he was in New Hampshire... Any suggestions to this problem? Does anyone have an email address to tech support @ hyperspin etc etc?

Open a command prompt, type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes, this should force a DNS purge and refresh

I'm also a huge supporter of OpenDNS and would recommend switching to OpenDNS on top of the ipconfig /flushdns :)

http://www.opendns.com/

thanx for the tip but that was already tried yesterday(the flush dns) while I was on the phone with tech support still no help :P I will look into the opendns thing though

anyone have a contact email for hyperspin for me though? I would like to know if they did any updates recently that couldve caused this since everything was working for weeks up until a few days ago!

Update: Everything is working once again again I did nothing different from when it wasnt working last night to today

How friggen strange! I can access all sites once again! I thought I was going to have a heart attack :)

Update: Everything is working once again again I did nothing different from when it wasnt working last night to today

How friggen strange! I can access all sites once again! I thought I was going to have a heart attack :)

Having spent a lot of time with computers and IT work we have a little saying if it doesn't work the first time maybe it will work the forth time and when it finally works for some reason and they call you a miracle worker just accept the compliment lol

Glad to hear your back up and running!

Archived